Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Poaching

Old 11-06-2007, 08:54 AM
Spike

Default Poaching

Your out in the middle of nowhere and theres a beautiful 165" buck sitting in the ditch and you and your buddy have both your bow and the spotlight in the car. The buck hasnt moved in 15 minutes because theres a doe bedded down in the thick stuff next to him and it's peak rut. Would you shoot him?Don't forget poachingis illegal in the state your in.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:58 AM

Default RE: Poaching

Is this question serious? I would hope notsingle person that calls themselves a hunter answers Yes to this question. At least on this site, and I doubt anyone would or will. I am sure their are people who would shoot it withouthesitation, not true sportsmen, period.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nelson06

Don't forget poachingis illegal in the state your in.
And just what state is it thatpoaching is legal?

State of mind maybe?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

what kind of question is that?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope this isn't a serious question. However, I have a feeling that it is. I see huge bucks all the time while driving through the countryside around here. It's just the area I live in.AndNO I don't/won't shoot them.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

what kind of question is that?
A very ignorant one[:@]
Old 11-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Spike

Great! I heard this story from one of my buddies and told them it was a ridiculous idea. So i needed some backup from other people to show I wasnt a retard.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: nelson06

Your out in the middle of nowhere and theres a beautiful 165" buck sitting in the ditch and you and your buddy have both your bow and the spotlight in the car. The buck hasnt moved in 15 minutes because theres a doe bedded down in the thick stuff next to him and it's peak rut. Would you shoot him?Don't forget poachingis illegal in the state your in.
This topic pisses me off because I have to deal with poachers where I live. I can't stand people that do this type of stuff. I would love to get the Wildlife and parks to put up a dummy mechanical deer just to see how many idiots we catch shooting at it that live near by.
I was getting out of my tree stand 6 years ago or so in the evening.There was about 15 minutes left of legal shooting time and 3 nicedoes about 150 yard out in the alfalfa feeding. I started walking towards them when the farmer that lives a mile away came driving down the road andstarted shooting at them with a rifle during archery season. He didn't even see me in the field cause it was getting dark by the time he drove by. I never did say anything about the bullets that were buzzing by me that night even though I should have. It's people like this that ruinhuntingcause it gives everyone a bad name. Sorry for the long story but poaching really makes memad[:@][:@][:@][:@]!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:10 AM

I might use the spotlight for a few minutes. Biggest buck I have ever seen on hoof was probably 130 if that. Wouldn't even think about shooting and hope (like previously stated) that no one would answer yes.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Spike

C'mon yoou serious? You are actually asking if I would poach? Where is the sportin illegally killing a deer? I would advise talking anyone out of poaching or turn them in.

Quick Reply: Poaching

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.