Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 IL Deer management Blows >

IL Deer management Blows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

IL Deer management Blows

Old 11-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default IL Deer management Blows

In Illinois, a new law takes the authority to regulate deer populations away from the Department of Natural Resources.

Gov. Rod Blagojevich signed HB 3425, a provision allowing local governments to manage deer herds using methods other than hunting.

“There is great danger in a law that diverts wildlife management decision-making away from the state, which has the resources and expertise to make such decisions, U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance President Bud Pidgeon said in Sentry. “Putting wildlife in the hands of local governments makes it easier for anti-hunters to strike against hunting, not to mention the fact that it creates a patchwork approach that will cripple successful wildlife management.”
Old 11-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Spike

Default RE: IL Deer management Blows

That blows, Blogovich is an asswipe.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah, they may not have done it the right way, but I think it is a step in the right direction. Every part of the state is different, especially when it comes to deer populations. For instance, central parts of the state do not have nearly the population that the southern parts do. Down here where I am at, the deer do so much damage to crops that unfortunatly most farmers take population control into their own hands. But in other parts of the state, guys are lucky do even see a deer while hunting. I think it would be a good idea to localize hunting regulations, as long as it was done in the right way. Oh, and since I'm on the political topic. I think the state should revoke every outfitter license they ever issued. You want to control the population, let local hunters back on the thousands of acres they used to hunt, and let them kill deer for food like they always did. Screw this idea of letting a few guys hunt a thousand acres and take just a few big bucks off of it. OUTFITTERS HAVE RUINED HUNTING!
Old 11-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Splitear_Leland

Yeah, they may not have done it the right way, but I think it is a step in the right direction. Every part of the state is different, especially when it comes to deer populations. For instance, central parts of the state do not have nearly the population that the southern parts do. Down here where I am at, the deer do so much damage to crops that unfortunatly most farmers take population control into their own hands. But in other parts of the state, guys are lucky do even see a deer while hunting. I think it would be a good idea to localize hunting regulations, as long as it was done in the right way. Oh, and since I'm on the political topic. I think the state should revoke every outfitter license they ever issued. You want to control the population, let local hunters back on the thousands of acres they used to hunt, and let them kill deer for food like they always did. Screw this idea of letting a few guys hunt a thousand acres and take just a few big bucks off of it. OUTFITTERS HAVE RUINED HUNTING!
I agree.....man...we have 4 outfitters in my small little County "Gallatin".
My favorite place to hunt is right next to an outfitter....last night I seen 15 deer...which is not a lot.Last year I had 38 in one evening come out.
I seen 11 does and 4 bucks out of the 15.....thats better than usual!

If they ever bring the Outfitter Tax Law in that will slow down outfitting!
Outfitters today have free money....most of them own the land and just pay taxes on that.

Thats my cup of tea
Old 11-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

AGREED, outfitters are not managers, they are detrimental to the Illinois whitetail herd! they are all about the money not management!!!

ORIGINAL: Splitear_Leland

Old 11-05-2007, 05:53 PM

Well now that it is a law sit back and think, maybe are great
Governor is lining the pockets of these outfiter. Wonder what he is getting in return. I been living in this state my whole life and there hasn't been one honest Governor that I know of. Look at the last one, Ryan soon to be federal inmate doing hard time at a federal camp. What a joke.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you kidding me?! Id love a 15 deer night here in NY. You wanna have a rough night on stand come on over here...