Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ever missed a 15 yard shot >

ever missed a 15 yard shot

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ever missed a 15 yard shot

Old 11-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default ever missed a 15 yard shot

my first day this year first bow hunt ever

i had a doe come in at 15 yards out and when i got to draw i slipped my release because she was behind a tree and i thought i was going to throw up

have you ever missed a 15 yard shot
Old 11-04-2007, 06:25 PM

Default RE: ever missed a 15 yard shot

I once shot at about ten yards and the arrow stuck the tree right above the deers back. After checking the area , found a wood spider web blocking the shot. Just enough to deflect the arrow.
It happens.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

O yea trust me it happens and unless your very lucky that wont be your last time! I handn't missed a deer with a bow in 4 years and miss a buck at thirty yards 2 weeks ago and it still makes me bitter to talk about it.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

which time??

Look at the positive side...you didn't put on a bad shot.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Site Buck Guru

No.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not with a bow. But i somehow missed a turkey at ten yards. This is when i first started huntingand i didn't line up both sights. I'm still mad about that to this day.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:52 PM

ORIGINAL: GregH

No.
LOL! straight to the point.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ericstacy

I once shot at about ten yards and the arrow stuck the tree right above the deers back. After checking the area , found a wood spider web blocking the shot. Just enough to deflect the arrow.
It happens.
A spider web deflected your arrow? Sounds kinda odd to me, what was this web made out of?

Back to the question i have missed a few at 15 yards as well, its all part of hunting!
Old 11-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes..last year. Somehow I knocked my sights coming in to my stand in the dark. After I shot right under the deer and missed at 12 yds, I looked down at my sights and wiggled it....it was loose! Man I was pissed, but hey oh well. It taught me to check my sights before I hunt, and when I get onto my stand everytime. I have the numbers written down for my sight levels just in case it gets loose again.

shadow
Old 11-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've only taken three deer with my bow, so I don't have as much experience as others, but I've got a little anyways.

First deer I ever shot at was 20 yds away....I didn't follow through as I wanted to see the arrow hit her...so I ended up watching it fly over her back.
Second deer I was determined to follow through ( I can remember telling myself as I settled the pin on his side "Steven, follow through this time")...I got him at 15 yds.
Third archery shot...I wounded one at <10 yds....I was anxious and tried to put an arrow where I shouldn't have and hit him high...most likely above the spine....never found him...pretty sure he lived.
Forth shot I killed a BB at 35 yds. He was placid and I was steady...no more needs to be said on that one.
Fifth shot....lets just say I got her, but I was sick for about8 hours as we tracked her after she stepped forward on my 30 yd shot.

So to your answer your question, No, I've never missed one at 15 yds, but I've had some experiences similar to that. My point of writing this was to show you that it happens, its part of hunting. If you make a perfect shot everytime then you are really, really good...or just lucky.

Quick Reply: ever missed a 15 yard shot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.