Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ever missed a 15 yard shot >

ever missed a 15 yard shot

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ever missed a 15 yard shot

Old 11-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ever missed a 15 yard shot

Yes, I have, at least I thought it was 20 yards...ended up being more like 26 or 27. Made me sick. Mis-rangeda nice mature buck and shot under him (clean miss, thank God). The important thing is to learn from the experience.From that one, I learned to properly range every shooting lane as soon as it is light enough. One thingI have learned from others' mistakes (which is an even better way to learn, IMO, and one of the great things about HuntingNet.com!) is to carefully check all of my shooting lanes as soon as it is full light, so that I am aware of any twigs, vines, etc. that might deflect my arrow in any of my shooting lanes.

Bowhuntingis a difficult sport with a long learning curve. It's one reason why I like it. Keep your chin up and keep learning!
Old 11-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Typical Buck

I have never missed a 15 yard shot that is a chip shot. I did however miss an 8 yard shot out of a treestand. That shot will get you every time. If you hunt it happens.lol there will be more chances at least it wasnt a 160 class buck
Old 11-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a small buck at 15-feet once. I spined him because he was so close and I didn't allow for it when I shot.4 days later, I had another small 8 standing at 15-yards and, remembering the first one, I over-compensated and shot right under him. Lesson learned. Both were from the ground, btw.

I haven't missed another (yet). Well, at least not because of anything I did. I missed a whopper last year at about 7-yards, but that was equipment malfuntion due to user error (loose sight. ALWAYS check your equipment).

It happens. And it will again, to most of us at least. I always pray for a clean miss if I'm going tomiss at all.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:55 PM

Not to mean the only Shot I've ever missed is a 55 yard shot. I've hit deer at 35 yards and 20 and 30. Sorry I practise with my bow A lot!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I was7 I missed a 6-point at 15 yards with my crossbow. I still don't know how that happened.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

yesssss...omg. in a horse pasture..out of my double bull blind..i stll cant believe that i
missed a doe that came to the blind...she spotted it and came to see what it was//i shot
at her from the side window...and she ran past 2 other deer standing in the field.thy
just looked up at her as she blazed by. i thought i had toasted her
Old 11-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Spike

Yea I hit a branch, she was only like 7 yards away though. It sucked even more since it was my first shot with my new bow.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:28 PM

I shot right under a bucks belly last year. it looked at me like i was stupid and continued chasing his does. I still have nightmares about it to this day
Old 11-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

lol i no how you feel, my first ever shot at a deer was at 8 yards i missed a doe.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

i missed 3 shots from under 12 yards, i was going crasy, i couldent belive i missed, it turns out my 20 yard pin doesnt shoot at all the same from up close, wich is why i missed a 5 yard shot, 12 and 10!!!
I thought my bow could shoot 0-20 yards the same, but i found out the hard way ( atleast i missed all shots cleanly)

Quick Reply: ever missed a 15 yard shot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.