Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Summit Stand Tip >

Summit Stand Tip

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Summit Stand Tip

Old 11-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default Summit Stand Tip

So I was up in my Viper the other nite, and I had a little idea that I thought I'd share with you guys. Some of you may have thought of this already, but I don't care

Am I the only one that gets irritated by the seat that pushed into the back of my knees while standing up? I stand a lot this time of of the season, and that seat gets on my nerves. So I did this:

Ifound a skinny, maybe 8" or 10" long bungee chord with METAL hooks on it. Then, under your summit seat, there is some green 2" wide support webbing. I punched a tiny hole in the piece closest to the front of the seat, hooked one end of the chord in there, then bent the hook over with pliers so it stays in. When I'm standing, I just reach back, grab the chord, then pull it up and hook it to theyourblackcable, and viola, the seat is straight up and down,well out of the way, you can move freely without it rubbing on your clothes, and you increase your standing room on the platform. The chord also comes in handy while packing the stand, because you can can hook it to the front of the stand someplace, and it'll keep the seat in place while while walking in the woods. I've used this little idea 3 or 4 times in the woods, and it works perfectly. You listening Summit designers ?

I'll get some pics up soon if you guys want to see what I'm talking about...

Mike
Old 11-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Summit Stand Tip

Mines to comfy to stand.. I know what your talking about, hasn't seem to bother me, but the only time I stand is usually right before the shot.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Summit Stand Tip

I agree.. Mine is very comfortable. I don't stand alot so I don't see the need for an improvement to it by Summit.