Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Disgusted with myself (Update page 13!) >

Disgusted with myself (Update page 13!)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Disgusted with myself (Update page 13!)

Old 10-30-2007, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Disgusted with myself

good luck Greg...looking forward to pics and story time...you know what your doing...im sure youll find him in the morning...

seems that we all are kinda up in the air about stopping them for the shot or not. i did it last year and he jumped the string and took my arrow high..this year i got lucky and he was stopped, even though looking back on it, he was looking at me, he didnt move at all..no set rule i guess....makes it hard in brushy woods like im typically in...got a couple lanes and gotta hope they stop in one of them...

good luck...maybe head out late this evening an hour or so before dark and listen for yotes, birds etc...if you hear them in the area you think hes in, head in there...they certainly wont be feeding on a live deer...
Old 10-30-2007, 09:54 AM
Spike

If no sign of gut on the arrow he's down already. I'd go get him. Congrats
Old 10-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

There are some pretty large blood vessels throughout the liver..... You are a sharp guy,we allhave confidence in your decisions. I am sure the outcome will be positive.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Aww that deer is as good as steak Greg. Cant wait to see the pictures of him.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Greg - I'd say dead deer. One would think that, with a quartering shot, you probably at least clipped some liver, which will be his demise. You didn't push him at all, so I'd think he'll bed down within 200 yards - and it'll be Game Over.

Good luck buddy. I been there man. I know how it feels. There's nothing that anybody here is gonna say that's going to change the way you feel, or unlock some kind of a magic clue. You'll just have to give it a few hours, then get back out there and see what the if there's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

For what it's worth, I'd say you've got a buck down. But then again, opinions are like buttholes - everybody's got one.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Greg, I wish you the best in finding that deer!
Old 10-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with the others, it sounds like you got at least liver if not diaphragm, and liver. Either way that buck is dead. Hopefully, he expired quickly and it won't be a long track job. I think you should be able to find him.

I know it sucks, and know how you feel. Now you just have to put the shot behind you and focus on the recovery.

Good luck, I hope to see some pictures of it soon.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Greg, best of luck finding him, im sure he is dead with a ripped up liver. Cant wait to see the pics.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hope you find him, this heat today sucks! Supposed to be in the mid/high 60's! If you need help tracking I'm 20 miles to the north, let me know! I'd be glad to help ya look! Good luck!
Old 10-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck with him..I've hit a few too far back, last one went 50 yards with no blood until the last 25 or so, I caught the back of the lungs...

Quick Reply: Disgusted with myself (Update page 13!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.