Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

AARGH!!!!!

Old 10-29-2007, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default AARGH!!!!!

I saw my lifetime biggest deer ever this morning..... then I watched my arrow sail over his shoulder...
So, I set up on the side of a field... I use shadows and cover cause I don't use treestands (don't like hieghts)...
From the corner of the meadow coms a 4 point followed by a monster 10..
The 2 deer walk the edge of the meadow and come right at me... I had no time to draw my damn bow, they cross behind a small head high bush and come to my right... I wait on the monster to get behind the bush so I can draw, as that happens the 4 comes to my right and stands about 6 feet from me looking the other way. I tried to draw and the 4 sees me just as the 10 clears the bush... the 4 bounces about 4 feet straight in the air next to me and the 10 drops his shoulders to jump, just as I released.... I get to watch the leap and aarow sail together and i MISSED MY MARK!!!!
So, I dropped to my knees..... I thought my heart was goin to blow out of my chest.... 10 point was no where to be seen... the 4 turned and made his way into the meadow..... I flipped him off and called him bad names and left....

I'll be back you bastard. If it was gun season... 2 deer would have died today.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:01 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-29-2007, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: AARGH!!!!!

Yes, I know..... My hearts still thumpin when I picture that big dude walkin in on me.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh so close!!!

Keep at it. Still sounds like a great day to me.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hell, Its nice to get out and sit and be in the woods again... I thought for a while there I was gonna surpass some serious personal records of mine...
All in all I'm starting to chuckle a bit about that 4 point standing there within stabbing distance of me...
Old 10-29-2007, 11:45 AM

For me (new hunter) its the heart-pounding rush of just having one so close that keeps drawing me back...of course sealing the deal is great, but man, sounds like they were so close they probably heard your rib cage slapping back and forth from your heart pounding!
Old 10-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear that....Better luck next time.