Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

stupid question

Old 10-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default stupid question

but i asked early why my arrow keeps coming off and i got thinking about my draw

i have notice that i feel odd when i pull my string back like something ant right

I will try to explain how my draw is

i start pulling with my bow facing toward the ground somewhat. partly because of safety if trip my release wont shoot an arrow in a direction i might hit somethi.ng other then ground.
two my right hand is stronger then my left and it seems easy when it is pointed down Little.

also sometimes i find my self drawing back with my left hand also my holding hand bent at the elbowalittle .then i pull my arm tight at full draw i feel like that is wrong. is it. This is my first year hunting third with my bow. my first year i shot like three times a week. second year every little moved and no place to shoot .this year i have shot some since sept maybe four times. i know i need to shoot more and i will be soon. The guys place i hunt at has a outdoor target and i will shoot after every hunt

are the ways i draw wrong and if so what tips can you give me

i feel like i should bring my bow up to shooting line and then draw but it seems to wont to hurt my shoulder which from a past car wreck is not the best anyway

i will try and get a video so you guys and tell me if i am doing anyting wrong and in a stand is it best to draw sitting down or if i see a deer should i try and stand up i have a two man ladder stand i feel ok standing on it
Old 10-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: stupid question

Does the string ever slap your arm a little?
Old 10-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

it as once or twice when i first bought my bow i have never really worried about it enough to buy a arm guard to worried it will mess with my arrow fight by catching the string i usually make sure my arm ant bent out or i twist my wrist in a little
Old 10-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Fork Horn

Well, If your string hits your arm alot, its a good sighn that your draw legth is to long, It kind of sounds like it might be cranked up a little high for you. You should take it to a bow shop and get it checked out.

Good Luck.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

i will get it checked out but it has not hit me since i bought my bow