Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Say a prayer for us... >

Say a prayer for us...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Say a prayer for us...

Old 10-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Say a prayer for us...

Here is my story.

I don't know where to start guys.

Well here goes, as most of you know, my wife has been battling Lukemia since last Oct. 25th. She spent almost 2 months in the hospitol here in St. Louis last year. They couldn't find a perfect match for her to do a bone marrow transplant.

So in January of this year we took her up to Minneapolis, MN for an experimental transplant using our daughters stem cells, since she is a perfect half match. The transplant did not work and she came back to Barnes Hospitol here in St. Louis in early April. She was well enough to come home in late April. They have not been able to find a perfect match for her, and have been keeping her disease in check with low dose Chemo. In the last few weeks it has worked less and less. The Lukemia is getting stronger and she has been getting weaker.

She was to the doctor yesterday and he said the disease has begun to attack her nervous system. That is why she is haveing trouble walking and her speech is slurred. He said it will probably progress very fast from here and she might only have a few days to two weeks left to live. Needless to say things are a bit of a mess around here and hunting is not a top priority right now.

So I might stop in and visit every once in a while to see how things are going, but I won't be out in the woods much. ( I have family that has volunteered to stay with her and let me get out, but I just don't know if I feel like it right now.)

I left work yesterday when I got the news and told them, I didn't know when I would be back!

Good luck to the rest of you guys and gal. And I hope I get back to hunting sometime this season and can contribute to the team score.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we go thru these trying times.

Thanks to all of you,
John Mueller

Member Team# 43-TEAM CHAOS
Bowtech Guardian 71#
Extreme RT900 Sight
Ripcord Rest
Full Metal Jacket 340's with Rage 2 Blade
One of the Original 2007 Huntin Camp Attendees
Old 10-27-2007, 02:38 PM

Default RE: Say a prayer for us...

Dang Jim...what to say...

You, your wife and family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Stay strong, Brother.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Spike

I hope and pray for that 11th hour miracle match for her bone marrow type.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

At a loss of words......Toughts are with you. Stay strong, John.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I cant begin to comprehend what you are going through. All i can say is you WILL be in my prayers and that is a promise. God has given you a great deal of strengh through this, i can tell by reading your bold, couragous posts..... i dont understand your strength, butI know God gives us the strength to get through things we otherwise thought of as impossible to handle. Stay strong and God will stay close to you all through all of this. We are all only just passing through this place called earth before we go to our eternal Home so we must make the best of it while we are hereand God still works Miracles Stay strong in your faith and amazings things can happen according toGodsWill andPurpose. Prayers Sent....
Old 10-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

John, Alot of us on here have been following your saga since last Oct. Words cannot describe how sorry I am for your family. You are in my prayers brother. Stay strong, and keep faith. You never know what the good lord has in store.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Prayers sent again. Hoping for a miracle.Stay strong!
Old 10-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Dominant Buck

I'll be praying as well ..sorry about the bad news..
"Nothing is impossilbe with God,"
c7
Old 10-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Site Buck Guru

Very sorry to hear this news. I'll be praying for you and your whole family.

Hang in there.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:36 PM
Typical Buck

Prayer's sent my friend...I can't grasp what youmust be going through...hang in there...

Quick Reply: Say a prayer for us...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.