Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need A BH?

Old 10-26-2007, 04:55 PM

Default Need A BH?

Ok if you out a practice tip through both the deers lungs how far is he going to go? Harder Blood Trail but cmon how far can you run with a 2 puntured lungs. Now on a bad shot like in the but, your going to need one. No dought i will always use a BH but do you need to?
Old 10-26-2007, 04:59 PM

Default RE: Need A BH?

Legally, not to mention ethically, yes you need one.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:59 PM

I'm sure anything would die with a hole in each lung but who would take that chance? The bigger the hole the better. I want to do some damage not make a pin hole.[&:]

The deer would also suffer longer and there is a better chance of you not recovering that deer IMO.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

i shot my buck with a 3blade 125gr muzzy this year. both lungs and cut everything off the top of the heart. he ran 20yds and dropped. he laid there for probably 30 seconds sucking air...i could hear it. if i KNEW he wasnt dead i would have shot him again just so i didnt have to listen to that..thats with a hole that was over an inch big cut straight through both lungs.

id NEVER shoot ANYTHING with a fieldpoint. thats just stupid and asking for problems.

even the Native Americans made stone points with a point and cutting edges on them!
Old 10-26-2007, 05:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

legal here you must use a head other then a field point like a broad head

i think it would die with the field point shot must places where it would a practice tip you get more blood with the broad head and they would die quicker

it is like the question do i need a .223 or a 50 cal sure a .223 will kill a deer i have hunted with them but the bigger the bullet the bigger the hole like they say in like a pee out like a grapefruit
Old 10-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

I'm sure anything would die with a hole in each lung but who would take that chance? The bigger the hole the better. I want to do some damage not make a pin hole.[&:]

The deer would also suffer longer and there is a better chance of you not recovering that deer IMO.
X2
Old 10-27-2007, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some things are better left unsaid. Don't go planting any seeds in any of our young/new hunters. It is all about the ethics of the thing not anything about the law why make a deer suffer through something like that.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

What reasoning would you have for NOT using one?
Old 10-27-2007, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow
Old 10-27-2007, 07:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Gundeck

What reasoning would you have for NOT using one?

Well i braght this whole thing up cuz one of my teachers was like If you out anything thru thr boiler room its going to die, a BH is for them bad shots.

He is cheap so i think that he is trying to save money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.