Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need A BH?

Old 10-27-2007, 08:16 AM

Default RE: Need A BH?

ORIGINAL: HNI Jim

ORIGINAL: Gundeck

What reasoning would you have for NOT using one?

Well i braght this whole thing up cuz one of my teachers was like If you out anything thru thr boiler room its going to die, a BH is for them bad shots.

He is cheap so i think that he is trying to save money.
As far as i know, nobody who hunts has hit a deer through the lungs EVERY time they shoot at a deer. I learned when i was little by shooting squirrels with field points. It rarely kills them.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:19 AM

well this guy is a horrible hunter, he goes out and shoots like 150 crows a weekend and then takes a picture with the crows saying the death count then just leaving them there.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNI Jim

ORIGINAL: Gundeck

What reasoning would you have for NOT using one?

Well i braght this whole thing up cuz one of my teachers was like If you out anything thru thr boiler room its going to die, a BH is for them bad shots.

He is cheap so i think that he is trying to save money.
What the hell does that mean? I guess it means, if you PUT, shoot through, insert, etc....
Old 10-27-2007, 09:51 AM

Im sorry for that typo im typing on my lap cuz im on a trip today. Illl fix it, thanks for lettin my know.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Typical Buck

And you gave me chit about not shooting that buck b/c it had a little gash in is back...Are you for real..shooting a deer with a field tip....Give me a freaking break..
Old 10-27-2007, 12:22 PM

i would never i think i said that too. it one of my teachers.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

the deer could go a long long distance and it still may not die. That is the epitome of cheap not to use a broad head because of the cost .
Old 10-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

i would only shoot squirrels and i have killed about 5 in the past year with field tips
they cant go anywhere with a arrow in em
but a deer cmon
you gotta use one
you would never find the deer
Old 10-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Fork Horn

hni, your teacher is an a hole. No two ways about it. Like the one guy said, I have shot squirells with a field tip and they ran up the tree with an arrow in em and took like an hour to die! What would a deer do with a field point in it? There is a real chance that the wound could heal up and have part of the arrow still in him. Not all sucking chest wounds are fatal. It is beyond me why anyone would even consider shooting a deer with a field point. I think your teacher needs to be schooled (the old fashioned way).
Old 10-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

HNIJim,are you a joke? Eachpostyou make, has me believing you are more and more. Get a grip and grow up. With post such as this, you are just giving the anti's more ammo. I know you areyoung. However, I don't think you're as ignorant as you let on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.