Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So I'm a little disappointed  :( (amazing update!!!) >

So I'm a little disappointed :( (amazing update!!!)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So I'm a little disappointed :( (amazing update!!!)

Old 10-27-2007, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So I'm a little disappointed :(

Where do you live? We'll organize a posse.

One thing about following blood in standing corn, the blood will rarely hit the dirt. Usually you'll find it in big smears on the corn stalks about waist to shoulder high.

Don't give up - get help!
Old 10-27-2007, 08:17 AM

if the corn is in perfect rows would it be possible to look down each corn row with a spotting scope looking for your deer.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Spike

U need to go out there now and find that deer. 2 hours is nothing in looking for a deer, u went to fast and passed him. Start from square one and take ur time, u owe it to the deer. Good luck!!!!!
Old 10-28-2007, 04:43 PM

it would make me sick to and i am so sorry about not finding your buck
Old 10-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Typical Buck

Find out if you have deer search in your area and call them. Good Luck.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

we went out for the 3rd night and broadened our search from following the bloodtrail then we combed the woods, then we combed the corn another couple hundred meters and still nothing... so I'm really bummed out about this and since I am one of 3 hunters that hunts this property I'm gonna have to call it off since the pre-rut has started in this area pretty good and out of respect for the other hunters I dont want to scent up this area and spook out the other deer any more than we already have. my last dich effort is I'm calling the guy who is leasing the land and ask him when he is harvesting, and telling him to keep an eye out between the rows for my deer(if its even in the corn) , It's been cold enough (sub 30's at night) that there is a slight chance he will be recoverable.... man this just eats away at me like no other... my girlfriend is getting mad since this is all I've been talking about and in her words "obsessing" about.

so please wish me luck and pray to the hunting gods that we can find this deer so this starving college student can eat something other than Ramen and McDonalds
Old 10-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Don't diss Ramn...it builds character.

Find that buck!
Old 11-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

so after the extensive search for this deer and a crazy amount of time and effort I had to call it off like I said earlier due to other hunters in the area,

well this morning I set up my climber and my buddy was in a hang on about 40 yards away, after about 30 minutes I get startled by a little 10 point coming in from my left and to my amazment it is the same 10 point I shot weeks ago it was a high entry with a low exit and the crazy thing is that this little bugger wasnt even limping, he walked broadside at 20 yards and walked straight to my friends stand, (too many low branches didnt risk a shot) my buddy said that he paced under his stand for about 5 minutes (I dont know why he didnt stick him) then he walked by me again (again low branches blocked his vitals)

I must admit I am amazed that an animal can survive like that with a clean pass thru
Old 11-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Either you are mistaken of what you think you saw. or you are just spinning yarns ..... a deer will not live with a chest cavity pass thru .... can't happen ... I smell something fishy .......
Old 11-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Chest cavity pass-thru = DEAD DEER.

Quick Reply: So I'm a little disappointed :( (amazing update!!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.