Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So I'm a little disappointed  :( (amazing update!!!) >

So I'm a little disappointed :( (amazing update!!!)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So I'm a little disappointed :( (amazing update!!!)

Old 10-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default So I'm a little disappointed :( (amazing update!!!)

I shot a little 10 point this morning at about 8:05, 8:40 climbed down found my arrow, bright red frothy blood followed the blood trail until it ended (LOTS of blood) followed the trail for almost 140 yards across the woods, well the bad news is that the blood trail ended 20 yards from about 200 acres of standing corn and I spent the next 2 and a half hours zig zagging through the rows of corn trying to find even one drop of blood or better yet my buck. well no luck, so my next plan of action was to check if he had backtracked, I think I covered every inch of the wooded area I could possibly walk.... nothing

So yea I'm a little disappointed, I followed through just like I've been practicing, the only thing that could have thrown my shot off was if felt a little like my bowstring caught my coat sleeve a little.

it always makes me feel a little sick when I cant find a game animal I've shot, even if its something small like a dove or snipe
Old 10-26-2007, 02:53 PM

Default RE: So I'm a little disappointed :(

Don't give up yet.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:56 PM
New Sheriff

complete passthru with frothy blood?

deer is D E A D.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Spike

Keep replayin the shot in your head and dont give up!!!!! Good luck

Old 10-26-2007, 03:03 PM

Get some buddies out there, or wife, girlfriend or whatever to help you. Try doing a grid search or the enitre area. Just dont give up. A guy shot one this year(Matt/PA) and he didnt stop looking for 2 days and he finally found his buck. With a lot of work and some patience you can find him.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:08 PM

did you hit him??
Old 10-26-2007, 03:15 PM

As the others said, get out there and keep looking. If you have to, walk every single row of corn, it will take awhile but it will be worth it. Also, if the shot was as good as you described, he should be dead, if it wasn't as good of a shot as described I would check all of the local areas that have water, creeks, ponds, swamps, anything.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the support and suggestions. Yea it was a complete passthru I have the blood caked arrow sitting next to my bed staring at me and laughing

I'm heading out with a couple buddies of mine tomorrow first thing in the morning to see what we can scrounge up.

Also I was going to ask... is it true that there is an area (very small area) under the spine and above the lungs that a deer can survive a passthru if hit in this area... I seem to hear stories about people finding broadhead scars there on both sides of their deer... and the more I think about it I think I shot a little higher than I was expecting.
worst case scenerio is that the farmer who's leasing the land havests his corn and my deer ends up being part of dorito's new flavor of cornchip... chopped Venison haha
Old 10-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Typical Buck

No there isn't. You should have dead deer and you really should be looking right now. No reason after only 2 hours you should give up.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you wait too long the meat will be spoiled. You shot it. You probably killed it. Now go find it. Good luck.

Quick Reply: So I'm a little disappointed :( (amazing update!!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.