Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mixed Emotions... >

Mixed Emotions...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mixed Emotions...

Old 10-25-2007, 08:32 PM

Default RE: Mixed Emotions...

Yah i rushed my second shot and put it in her shoulder, once again, a bad decision and a bad angle, she bleated super loud and just struggled to get up. Thanks for all the support guys, i just love being out there and being so close to em, it just kinda got to me.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-25-2007, 08:43 PM

Yah i guess i've learned quite a bit from my experience last night. I made it a goal to take my first deer with my dads old bow, and now i have. So now im lookin at some new ones. When i called my mom to tell her i had shot a deer, she told me that my father never even shot a deer with that bow, so it made me feel good. The bow is well past its prime at about 25 to 30 years old. I have put a new sight, arrow rest and some other stuff on her. She shoots straight, i guess thats all that matters.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:57 PM

I've always told people that if you don't feel at least some kind of remorse for taking a life, you shouldn't be hunting. That's just my opinion obviously. I feel we as hunters owe it to the game we pursue, to treat that life we take with some respect.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

you live and learn, as good as we try to be ,things will always happen from time to time.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your first, I think everyone else covered the rest.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the deer, but next time just shoot her again ASAP.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:53 AM

Congrats on your first bow kill!

I agree that a second shot should have been in order but I'll even go farther than that. "I" would have let her get out a little farther from my tree to reduce the steep angle. Straight down or almost straight down shots should not be attemtped IMO. The odds of "spining" a deer under these conditions will increase greatly. Sure the deer will not go anywherebut I'm like you and hate seeing the deerin a paralyzed state.Just constructive critism. We've all made bad decisions but what makes a bowhunter a good bowhunteris the fact we learn from those mistakes.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

Congrats on your first bow kill!

I agree that a second shot should have been in order but I'll even go farther than that. "I" would have let her get out a little farther from my tree to reduce the steep angle. Straight down or almost straight down shots should not be attemtped IMO. The odds of "spining" a deer under these conditions will increase greatly. Sure the deer will not go anywherebut I'm like you and hate seeing the deerin a paralyzed state.Just constructive critism. We've all made bad decisions but what makes a bowhunter a good bowhunteris the fact we learn from those mistakes.
Well said, well said.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:38 AM

Congrats on your first. Same sentiments as previous posts.

Quick Reply: Mixed Emotions...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.