Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tough thing to watch >

Tough thing to watch

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tough thing to watch

Old 10-24-2007, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tough thing to watch

Last night I hunted a new stand on the far NW corner of my farm. Within 10 minutes of being up in the tree a button buck comes through, feeds around me, and goes back off to the north.Later 2 adult does and a fawn doe came right under me as well. While they were directly under me that button came back bleating at the lead doe. He approached her cautiously like a cowering dog and then I saw why. She charged at him, running him back off to the north. He came right back, and this time she let him get close as he circled around to her rear. He attempted to nurse form her, which surprised me, but she rose up and beat him on his back with her front hooves. He torn off to the north and did not come back. She stood there quartering away at 15 yards and I found myself actually upset at her.I thought about shooting her to be honest, and my opinion of deer was actually altered last night due to witnessing an event I know happens all the time for great reason.Those deer then continued to feed around me well past dark, and although I did not see a buck last night it was sure a great experience to get to see that event.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tough thing to watch

That must havebeensomething to see.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

You old softy, You sound like me..here is ansmall piece of my post from not long ago.

............The young one is trying to get back to momma. The little yearling button buck mills around on the downwind side of my stand for quite a while. He can smell something (me) but he's virtually right under me..eventually he goes back the opposite way of momma. Well a few minutes after he disappears..I hear something behind me..tree side. I peer around the tree over my shoulder..deer! coming right to my tree. Doe..momma?.. she pauses under my stand. Walks off giving me numerous shooting opportunities. But being the kind hearted, wuss, I am I let her walk. I say to her silently, "free pass, don't come back here!" And so I sit alone again..20 minutes pass..a doe blows, same area she walked too, a while ago.. What? I give you a pass and your gonna sit there and blow..and blow again??I pull out my never used fawn bleat and give two short bawls. She comes in on a string, even after she blew. Again, she is in my shooting lane, again I let her go. But I listen to her "Mews" as shecalls for her lost little buck. This scenerio plays out again later and again I call her right in.....
Old 10-24-2007, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

What actually made this worse & more interesting at the same time is that I have seen those 4 deer (well I am guessing it is the same 4 since it was 2 adults and 2 fawns)in that corner of my property for the last month or so. They are actually the reason I put a stand there.

Yes, I am a softy. That poor little guy had no idea what was going on other than momma now hates him. Tough existence that they lead. That is for sure.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

I would have killed that doe....it is exactly the chance I've been waiting for.
Brian
Old 10-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive seen the same thing , those does are crule
Old 10-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I call that "tough love"
Old 10-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

Maybe that is why the bucks are in a pissy mood when the rut starts. Pay back time!!
Old 10-24-2007, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

That’s why I shoot those big ol’ child abusing momma does every chance I get. Only problem this season is I haven’t gotten many chances.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Roadkillwarrior

Maybe that is why the bucks are in a pissy mood when the rut starts. Pay back time!!
I thought the exact same thing

Quick Reply: Tough thing to watch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.