Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Up State NY Rut???? >

Up State NY Rut????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Up State NY Rut????

Old 10-23-2007, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Up State NY Rut????

I dont believe itsin yet. Ive been seeing bucks chasing Does for a week now. I think its just some of the bucks are getting fired up in anticipation. Either way, get in the woods as often and you canthe next 4 weeks.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not quite yet. I saw five deer together last night (see my other post) and no real activity. Twice I have seen the younger bucks butting heads, but just playfully. The rain and drop in temps was quite welcome last night. Maybe things will start picking up.

(P.S. I am in Seneca County, right next door.)
Old 10-23-2007, 06:42 AM
Spike

Here in Chenango County, nothing much happening yet. Last Saturday's night sit was the first I really saw any movement at all. Yes a temp change will spice things up a bit. Going to take a walk in the rain today to see whats up on the property across the street.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live in the Rochester area, and bucks young bucks have been chasing with no doe interest so I don't think they are ready but often the pre-rut is a great time, I saw a real good 8 point working out his frustration one a scrape and several rubs so I know we are getting close, maybe the upcoming cooler wether will kick it up
Old 10-23-2007, 08:50 AM

Personally I though it was going to come late this year...but that's just me. On the other hand, I have seen a few scrapes, and a few rubs. I just shot a buck yesterday, and he was freshening up some rubs on his way in. Also, his tarsal's were starting to get dark, not big an black yet, but they were starting. We may be about two weeks away if I have to guess. But temps play into that formula too. I still think it'll be late before it's full-blown.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Spike

The good Lord is flicking the switch on Nov. 1st this year.......What timing huh?

Mcdonough, NY 15-Day Forecast[/align] [/align] Tuesday, October 23, 2007 [/align] Metric | English[/align] [/align] RSS[/align] Forecast via Email[/align] Traffic[/align] [/align] Lifestyle Weather: Astronomy (New) Education Entertainment Fashion Weather Health Cardiac Health Home & Garden Kids Weather Sports: Golf Sports: Marine Sports: Ski Travel [/align] [/align] [/align] [/align] WeatherAlarm™![/align]Rain Total:1.27 in Occuring: Oct 23 | Oct 26 | Oct 27[/align] [/align] AccuWeather.com Forecast: 15-Day Overview[/align] [/align] Days 1-5 Days 6-10 Days 11-15 Weekends All 15 Days [/align] Tuesday, Oct23[/align] More Details/AccuPop™ [/align] [/align] [/align] Cooler with rain and drizzle[/align] Low: 46 °F[/align] High: 65 °F[/align] [/align] [/align] Wednesday, Oct24[/align] More Details [/align] [/align] [/align] Breezy with clouds and sun[/align] Low: 38 °F[/align] High: 58 °F[/align] [/align] [/align] Thursday, Oct25[/align] More Details [/align] [/align] [/align] Clouds and sun[/align] Low: 39 °F[/align] High: 60 °F[/align] [/align] [/align] Friday, Oct26[/align] More Details [/align] [/align] [/align] Rain possible in the p.m.[/align] Low: 49 °F[/align] High: 55 °F[/align] [/align] [/align] Saturday, Oct27[/align] More Details [/align] [/align] [/align] Rain and drizzle possible[/align] Low: 47 °F[/align] High: 63 °F[/align] [/align] [/align] Sunday, Oct28[/align] More Details [/align] [/align] [/align] Partly sunny and cooler[/align] Low: 33 °F[/align] High: 52 °F[/align] [/align] [/align] Monday, Oct29[/align] More Details [/align] [/align] [/align] Sunshine[/align] Low: 35 °F[/align] High: 51 °F[/align] [/align] [/align] Tuesday, Oct30[/align] More Details [/align] [/align] [/align] Times of clouds and sun[/align] Low: 26 °F[/align] High: 52 °F[/align] [/align] [/align] Wednesday, Oct31[/align] More Details [/align] [/align] [/align] Mostly cloudy and colder[/align] Low: 25 °F[/align] High: 43 °F[/align] [/align] [/align] Thursday, Nov1[/align] More Details [/align] [/align] [/align] A mix of snow and rain[/align] Low: 25 °F[/align] High: 43 °F[/align] [/align] [/align] Friday, Nov2[/align] More Details [/align] [/align] [/align] Rain, some ice early; cold[/align] Low: 23 °F[/align] High: 43 °F[/align] [/align] [/align] Saturday, Nov3[/align] More Details [/align] [/align] [/align] Mostly cloudy[/align] Low: 22 °F[/align] High: 42 °F[/align] [/align] [/align] Sunday, Nov4[/align] More Details [/align] [/align] [/align] Mostly cloudy[/align] Low: 22 °F[/align] High: 41 °F[/align] [/align] [/align] Monday, Nov5[/align] More Details [/align] [/align] [/align] Very cold with snow and rain[/align] Low: 21 °F[/align] High: 40 °F[/align] [/align] [/align] Tuesday, Nov6[/align] More Details [/align] [/align] [/align] Considerable cloudiness[/align] Low:
Old 10-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

you'll see increased activity after this full moon coming this Friday. It will pick up and peak give or take a few days around the 15th of Nov. The seeking phase will start anytime around Halloween and continue to chase and lockdown.

Remember, not unlike the Midwest, the Drurys claim to have taken more mature animals the 3 days of Nov 8, 9 and 10th...it doesn't change year to year other than a few days and depending on weather. (activity happens more at night in hotter weather here in the north)
Old 10-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Be in the woods from say Nov 7 to about the 16 as much as you can. But even before that the bucks will start checking around and splitting up from their bachelor groups. Unfortunately, I won't be in the woods. I have a mandatory formation in DC for a Vietnam reunion from the 8th through the 12th. Bummer. I wasn't planning on going but I got a call and the man said, "Captain, you will be there. Understood?" Understood Sir. It'll be fun and I do need to see him. He called me every week for 11 months while Beth was sick to see how we were holding up.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:18 PM

they are chasing....lest just say that...will come full swing very very soon. within the next week.