Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Half Time is over PA Boys >

Half Time is over PA Boys

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Half Time is over PA Boys

Old 10-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Half Time is over PA Boys

Second half starts tomorrow PA boys. Some of ya have done a great job in the first half and now its time for the rest of to get it done. Just wanted to send out some encouragement to all. If you are like me, might have caught just a wiff of burnout after a few weeks of hitting it hard. Just remind yourself that the best time is yet to come. Stay safe and hunt smart. Good Luck
Old 10-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Half Time is over PA Boys

I was thinking about that today Ben and sometimes panic sets in...

Thing is though, I can't remember a season when I every shot my buck in the first half of the season anyway...

It's going to get good these next 3 weeks. I just hope it cools off or all the activity will be after dark. [&:]
Old 10-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya, I had that panic today when I was second and seventh guessing moving a stand. Think I got it right. Trying to stay a step ahead, this stand is for peak time.

By the way, my buddy, the who you helped, shot a small 9 in NY this morning.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was talking with Dan about this on the way home today. The "lull" should end before this upcoming weekend and the bucks should be on their feet. Time to start hunting the terrain funnels between doe bedding areas. Hopefully we get some cold weather. This next weekend looks OK as of now though, mid 30's at night with a high during the day in the 50's. Hopefully we can see some 30ish degree temps during the day soon, we still haven't gotten first frost.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bowtechben

By the way, my buddy, the who you helped, shot a small 9 in NY this morning.
That's great, and a coincidence...a 9..cool. Tell him congrats.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the 4th Quarter myself. Nothing like taking it down to the last week!!!LOL
Old 10-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

I meet a guy this weekend who has been hunting around here for 16 years. Our wives have become fast friends and he took me out today to show me a few spots. We hit a creek bottom with rubs all up and down the trails and a definate staging area where the buck hangs out. I can't wait to get up in my stand friday evening.

I have only been living here a year, and I can't say enough how much I appreciate what this guy has done for me. He has gone out of his way to show a fellow hunterwhere he might find a fewchances at a deer. Next week we are suppose to be going to his camp to scout out a few more areas. No October lull for me, I am charged up again.

Wayne
Old 10-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

It seems like a great year so far for PA. Keep it up guys.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

good luck fellow PA hunters!! cant wait to see what else the ole keystone state gives up!!

over the next 3 weeks i plan to hunt as much as possible while here at school..i did a good bit of scouting...these next 3 weeks will gimme a good idea of where i wanna be NEXT year..no sense in waiting to find out what spots are hot and which are not. and got a doe tag that i may fill. got one for one of my professors houses. she has a doe problem and wanted hunters last year..i didnt have the tag..might ask her if she still needs doe hunters this year...id like another one with the bow and in the freezer...dad might eat my whole buck before im home again this weekend! lol. DANG..speaking of that, i meant to grab a pack of kilbasa before leaving this evening!
Old 10-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

I sure hope the bucks get chasing the does soon, i have my eye on two big bucks that stay in the corn all day long and then come out in the fields after dark.[:'(]I think i am gonna do some scouting/hunting in the fields tomorrow evening to see if i might be able to catch one walking the fence row to the fields.

P.S. Good luck all PA bowhunters, our state had managed to go from small bucks to some very large bucks. Lets show everyone what PA is made of!

Quick Reply: Half Time is over PA Boys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.