Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need a new bow... >

Need a new bow...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need a new bow...

Old 10-21-2007, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need a new bow...

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to this whole archery hunting deal, and I absolutely love it. The thing is i need a new bow. I have a hand me down older version and i want to get a new one. I just need some direction on what sort of bow you guys think i should look for. Not that it matters, but i am a lefty. I just want to see some fo you guys opinions on bow brands/models. i want a good bow, but without having to spend an arm and a leg for one. I dont really want to spend more than 1000 when the bow is completely finished and ready to hunt. I'd like to spend less than that to be honest. suggestions appreciated.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:26 PM

Default RE: Need a new bow...

well i see your from pa so, imo since the season ends in less then 3 weeks and you have a bow already, i would wait as long as you can. a lot of people sell their bows after season to get extra xmas money and retailers ofte have the best sales. this is the best time to get a nice bow for less $$ i sugest a parralell limb bow. maybe hoyt, bowtech, diamond, even mathews. depeding on what you can find for the price you want to spend. my room mate bought a bow on ebay in the spring time that was fully loaded (hoyt vextrix) complete set up was around $1200. he paid $500. take a trip to the local shop and shoot a few different models. being south paw hurts you when doing that though because a lot of shops dont have a huge stock of left handed bows. the bow has to feel right to you, no matter what brand or cost!
Old 10-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks other opinions..?
Old 10-21-2007, 04:29 PM

you get what you pay for in life thats all im going to say.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot as many as you can, I dont be biased. Give every bow a fair shot, and pick the one you like best.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

If you got the money check out the Bowtech line.... I just bought a Guardian and its a SWEET shooter. 700+ for the bare bow, I paid $699 on sale but regular was like 740 or somthing like that. Just keep the sights and quiver and rests off your old bow and save yourself some cash....
Old 10-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tikka 30-06

Shoot as many as you can, I dont be biased. Give every bow a fair shot, and pick the one you like best.
Definatly correct and pick the one that you are most comfortable with. Its not about the brand its got to be right for YOU.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nwpahntr

well i see your from pa so, imo since the season ends in less then 3 weeks and you have a bow already, i would wait as long as you can. a lot of people sell their bows after season to get extra xmas money and retailers ofte have the best sales. this is the best time to get a nice bow for less $$ i sugest a parralell limb bow. maybe hoyt, bowtech, diamond, even mathews. depeding on what you can find for the price you want to spend. my room mate bought a bow on ebay in the spring time that was fully loaded (hoyt vextrix) complete set up was around $1200. he paid $500. take a trip to the local shop and shoot a few different models. being south paw hurts you when doing that though because a lot of shops dont have a huge stock of left handed bows. the bow has to feel right to you, no matter what brand or cost!
Tell me about it, being LH sucks sometimes. When it comes down to selling your bow though, if it's one people want, it'll sell for more.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Make sure you checkout the Dartons!

Hatchet Jack
Old 10-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

The new Bowtech line is incredible this year but the incredible Diamond line is less expensive. Example, you will spend less for the Marquis than you will for a Drenalin which leaves more for accessories but I love the and preach the shoot them all and then decide what's right for you but don't leave out the Diamond line or if you interested in the Bowtech line. Good luck, your task at hand is a tough but fun one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.