Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need a new bow... >

Need a new bow...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need a new bow...

Old 10-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need a new bow...

Thanks for the input.. I looked at a few diamonds and i really liked them, I'll have to shoot some of them sometime.. I'll let ya all know..
Old 10-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was in the same boat just a few weeks ago. I went around and shot several different bows including Matthews/Bear/Ross/PSE. I ended up buying an 07 Bear Code. Compared to old bow i had, every one of the bows i shot blew it out of the water. I went with the Code because i honestly thought it shot as good as every other brand i tried and i could get it WITH accessories for less then most of the others bare. I ended up getting 85 bucks in trade for my old bow, which paid for a ripcord rest. I spent less then 600 bucks for the new bow, the rest, a peep, a string loop and a dozen carbon arrows. Bow shoots great and was dialed in for me in under half an hour. Bow shop said Bears are one of the easiest bows they have to tune.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

i have a pse nova that i like. pse is usually pretty good for the price i think. isnt as good as the bowtech i shot at the range tho! how much do u think the new bowtechs will cost next year?
Old 10-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

With the amount of bread you said you would like to spend you can either look at the lines that some of the big name bows have such as bowtech's diamond line, hoyts reflex line as well as companys like bear, PSE, parker and the redhead line from bass pro shops. Redhead bows are made by the big name companies like parker, hoyt and bear and Gander mountain sells bows that are made for them by bowtech which have gotten some really good press in the magazines. Since it looks like there are only a few weeks in your season left, I would wait and take my time shooting as many bows as I could and see that I got the best deal that I could since after bow season they will put thier bows on clearance! Good luck and shoot'em straight.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah i plan on taking my time.. ill be buying for next season, what i have now will get me through, so im in no rush.. ill take my time and get something i really llike..