Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Seriously!!!!

Old 10-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Seriously!!!!

Talk about full of it, Jackie bushman wouldn't pass a 200 hunde froa camera shot
Old 10-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

200+ buck!! Camera or no camera, its shooting time. Doesn't sound much like hunting. Big time missed opportunity if you ask me. Especially if there are numerous big deer on the property that could have been filmed. You can always take pictures after the hunt.. IMO, its the hunt and the experience of the hunt that makes hunting so great, not how much I can make off of filming the hunt. But then again, not everyone has the opportunity to hunt a property like that and be able to pass on deer of the caliber that you have there. But still, if you have a 200+ buck at 15 yards and aren't trying to take a shot if it presents itself, you have no one to blame but yourself. Sorry, but passing just for film sake isn't anywhere near a half ways decent excuse on a deer like that.

Too bad about the kid and his dad though, you were just trying to be nice and they took advantage of that. You handled that a lot better than a lot of people might have. Its people like them that make it hard for others to get permission to hunt.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

What show are you filming for?
Old 10-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I read your story earlier, your situation was no better. Goes to show you how many people have a hidden agenda.[>:]

Shane

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

2 things.....

If I ever have to worry about a camera being in place to shoot a 200" deer....SHOOT ME!

#2 - I found out earlier this season what being a "good guy" and allowing people access to your hunting land to shoot "does only" would get me. It gave me a look into the dark side of my fellow "hunters". I'd advise AGAINST this in all future endeavors....as you've now learned the hard way.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:49 AM

That is ridiculous, A deer youve known for 5 years and havent got a shot at pops out at 15 yds and you pass? Say goodbye to him, youll probably never see him again, but I hope you do.

Your probably the first person in the world to pass up a 200" buck.

Are you not allowed to take a buck without a camera?
Old 10-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haha!! A 200'' what were you thinking?????

You could do like a lot of other hunting shows and shot him but then took your video from when you were seeing him in the summer and blended it together. Make yourself look all excited, videotape the tracking job and BAMM.... you got yourself an original hunting show from television!!!!!
Old 10-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Sr...

What kind of hidden agenda could there be when I'm offering two guys a chance to hunt RIGHT BY their homes......when one of them has to drive an hour to hunt land he has permission on?

If you mean that I have imposed "restrictions" as my "hidden agenda"....then I'm guilty as charged. I won't apologize for imposing restrictions when I'm doing all the work and have seccured the land.

What I learned from all this is......don't allow ANYONE in my hunting land other than my REAL friends.....who understand what I'm trying to do. At least I learned this before someone took a deer I didn't want harvested off the land. I have a saying I use a lot...."No hard feelings, either way". If I extend an invitation to a hunter....and he isn't happy with the rules....he can politely decline the invitation. No hard feelings, either way.

And yes, huntmup....I'm razzing you. Good luck with the rest of your season. I'm pulling for you. Sorry the kid went against your wishes.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still havent seen a 200 inch deer in the wild... I hope to someday.. just once in my lifetime would I love to lock onto a buck so rare here where I live..

Yup.. seems like anytime I give someone some info or access to a good area...they ruin the area.. fast
Old 10-19-2007, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is about 3 hours later from the time the kid shot the deer. We walk in can't find the arrow, and searching and searching for blood.

I called a couple of my buddies; we had about 6 people plus the dad and his son looking for blood. Who I might add pulled his last string when he started smoking and wanted to give up after half hour of no blood. After 5 hours of searching and asking the kid to repeat the story over and over... Where did the deer come from, where he ran to, how did he react after the shot..... We gave up.
Question? Are really sure that this kid did in factHit the deer?
I mean he was so excited he could have just as easy totaly missed!
Shot right over it? After all i could have done that easy with 200+ buck in front of me. Much less a 13yr old kid.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:37 PM

GMMAT, completely agree with you, its your land and you have all the rights in the world to put restrictions on it.

As for am I sure the kid hit it, no. THats why I put it in quotes. The kids story changed a little bit, but for the most part kept it right. I should know in about a week if it was hit or not, that buck is pretty constent, meaning he is usually seen in the south food plot. Time will tell. I think if he hit it, it was high from the kids story of how the deer reacted... but who knows. I take blame for letting the kid hunt, I should of taken him with me since all of our stands have a camera stand next to it, I would of been in control..... Just wasn't thinking I guess.

a 200 inch would be nice, it would be my personal best. But guys like Adam Hayes and Stan Pottshave 3, 200 class whitetails all taken with a bow, and some outfitter in Kansas or MO just took 2 in one season last year. I will have my chances and so will you if you practice management.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.