Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Seriously!!!!

Old 10-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Seriously!!!!

As your captain, I am going to have to kick your arse

Hello my name is Germ, you did not shoot the 200'' buck, prepare to die[8D]
Old 10-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Oh yeah i forgot about the 1st part of your story with the 200 plus.. You didnt shoot b/c you didnt have a camera man? Thats wild dude! But hey its about how you want it and if thats how you wanted it then good job. Maybe you will get another crack at him.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

Are you filming for a show? I am not understanding something here.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

In my personal experiences in the past years I have found you should not trust anyone to hunt with youor hunt on your land if you don't know them personally and haven't spent a lot of time with them in the field. . Too many bassackwords people out there lookingto steal hunting spots from others. Letting them shoot does only just letthem in the door.
P.S. You should have shot the 200"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2007, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds to me like you have forgot what hunting is about. If I have to be on camera to shoot something I would rather be shot myself, as GMMAT put it.

Oh wait, time out!!!!! I forgot what hunting is about, after seeing all them TV hunting shows with managed properties and some with high fences you would think that I would remember what hunting is supposed to be. It's all about the camera and getting the biggest deer possible that will up your ratings!! I guess what ever floats your boat is what is good for you. (Better luck next time, if there is a next time)

I almost forgot --> Germ, that was a good one, I see you somehow found a way to bring your old signature back to life.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

200" and didn't take the shot? I would shoot the 200" and then get a camera to video the tracking!
Old 10-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

WOW, camera or no camera, dead 200" deer and forgiveness asked. Who could be mad at you for that?

For the kid, pitiful father....you did the right thing.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:43 AM

I agree I am done letting people that I do not know personally and not trust hunt my land and leases. Yes it is sad about the 200 walking by and not being able to wack him. But I make my money killing big deer on camera, and all those years of watching him grow and money spent planting food plots would go down the drain if it was not on camera. To answer a lot of questions, yes we film for television shows. We own 7 shows total 5 on the outdoor channel.

Germ, I am sorry for the team I did not whack that deer but the season is long and I have many many trips planned, so don't worry your pretty little head. Plus we just got on the board by shedd who took a very nice deer!
Old 10-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think I'd also be upset with the father for not being with the kid in the stand. Or myself for not making sure that would be the case.
I'm trying to think about myself at 13, having being told to only shoot does, and having a 200" cross my path with nobody with me. It takes a lot of restraint and self control.

Seems like the kid missed though, so warm that camera up. [&:]

And I'd also double check with the land owner to make sure that they didn't give permision. Sometimes things get mixed up.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:46 AM

PS I have never hunted behind a high fence, and yes the properties I hunt are managed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.