Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 nap spitfires: do they really work? >

nap spitfires: do they really work?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

nap spitfires: do they really work?

Old 10-18-2007, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default nap spitfires: do they really work?

Iknow that they nap spitfire mechanicals & spitfire prosdo not use any rubberbands. does anybody here use them and have problems with them opening during flight or do they really stay closed. i have heard good reviews of them on bass pro but i also heard they do not work well quartering shots. just wanted some opinions from here.

Thanks,
Jacob
Old 10-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: nap spitfires: do they really work?

I think they are one of the best mechanicals. Ive used them and had success every time I used them. Never open during flight. Hit hard, penetrated well (still not as well as a cut on contact fixed head but very good for a mechanical).

I went back with the Muzzy three blades. I just cant get away from Muzzy.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Host of Hosts

I haven't found any reason to quit useing them yet. I like them because yes they work.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:02 PM

I generally had good luck with them. Once, while a buddy of mine was fliming, we caught onvideo the arrow striking a weed on it's way to a turkey. It appeared to catch one of the blades and cause the arrow to twist in flight right before it hit the bird. Still hit him, but he got away.

Another guy I know hit an antelope quartering away at a pretty steep angle. The arrow turned on impact, and followed the ribs - coming out near the shoulder. Lots of blood. Finally found him. Bled out from artery cut in shoulder. But the arrow never did actually penetrate the ribs.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

i think im going to try them. i like the concept of not using any rubberbands or o-rings or worring with getting more rubberbands as long as the broadheads work. thats the most important thing.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use them and have had good luck.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

Be careful on quartering away shots. I used them in the past and was very impressed with broadside shots, big entrance and exit holes. Twice on quartering away shots arrow ran down side of deer and then made 90 deg. turn and just barely stuck in. Non fatal on both occasions. Went back to fixeds.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:39 PM

I've killed numerous quartering away deer with them. No failure.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Spike

I had good luck with them ...even when it didn't work just right.....shot a little deer quartering away stiffly and the arrow went up the side of the deer outside of the rib cage and cut a 6 inch section of backstrap out...left a 8 or 9 inch hole in the deer but never went in the ribs......deer dies 30 seconds later but I got lucky...I love the NEW NAP Helrazer.........awesome kills this year with it and it flies like a field point
Old 10-19-2007, 03:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tell this one they don't work on hard quartering shots.

Quick Reply: nap spitfires: do they really work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.