Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 DOH!!!  What a brainfart. >

DOH!!! What a brainfart.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DOH!!! What a brainfart.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:13 PM

Default DOH!!! What a brainfart.

Hey guys, just thought Id share the brainfart I had this evening while I was hunting. I went to a food plot and found a decant tree and climbed up to a good height,, about 20 feet. As the evening went on I was really relaxing and just enjoying the hunt. I was getting really sleepy, just came off night shift this morning, and was still going. I kept dozing off and waking up, so I just got comfy and kicked back for a little nap. After a little bit,, no idea how long I napped, but I heard a loud noise that startled me. I looked around to see what it was, and noticed my bow was gone[:@]I looked down, to see it lying on the ground, some how I knocked it out of the bowholder on my stand! It was getting good hunting time, and now the bow was 20 feet away, so I climb down the tree to check it out. Luckily I found no damage, other than a new Rage broadhead stuck in the ground and dulled nicely by a rock, (but hey, it did open). The bow is fine, and I guess it fell out and landed right on the end of the arrow, driving the arrow in the ground, and the bow didnt recieve too much force. I cant believe I did that, and felt like a real bonehead. I didnt even bother to climb back up with my climber, I just went home to look the bow over under good light.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: DOH!!! What a brainfart.

Hell, atleast you was asleep. I have done that when I was awake. You better shoot it just to make sure.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:30 PM

Yeah, I plan on shooting in in the morning, just to make sure everything is fine.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry bout that man......hope everythings fine with the bow......
Old 10-15-2007, 09:55 PM

Better the bow than you dude!
Old 10-15-2007, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know a guy that did that with his gun somehow and stuck his barrel a foot in the mud. end of hunt.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lucky you didnt cut the piss out of your leg or somthing when it fell.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:26 PM

Hope the bow is ok. I wasn't sleeping once and fell out of the tree. I wish it had been the bow. My dad did that once with his rifle and broke the stock...end of hunting for about a week.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:48 PM

Well guys, I shot it today, and all is well. I looked it over more, and took it out and shot for a while, I needed to shoot anyway, and nothing had changed, good flight and accuracy. so I guess I got lucky.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think just about everyone has done that.. I dropped mine, cracked my quiver in half..