HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DOH!!! What a brainfart.
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Angus74

Default DOH!!! What a brainfart.

Hey guys, just thought Id share the brainfart I had this evening while I was hunting. I went to a food plot and found a decant tree and climbed up to a good height,, about 20 feet. As the evening went on I was really relaxing and just enjoying the hunt. I was getting really sleepy, just came off night shift this morning, and was still going. I kept dozing off and waking up, so I just got comfy and kicked back for a little nap. After a little bit,, no idea how long I napped, but I heard a loud noise that startled me. I looked around to see what it was, and noticed my bow was gone[:@]I looked down, to see it lying on the ground, some how I knocked it out of the bowholder on my stand! It was getting good hunting time, and now the bow was 20 feet away, so I climb down the tree to check it out. Luckily I found no damage, other than a new Rage broadhead stuck in the ground and dulled nicely by a rock, (but hey, it did open). The bow is fine, and I guess it fell out and landed right on the end of the arrow, driving the arrow in the ground, and the bow didnt recieve too much force. I cant believe I did that, and felt like a real bonehead. I didnt even bother to climb back up with my climber, I just went home to look the bow over under good light.