Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer hit, tracking suggestions. Update, NOT GOOD >

Deer hit, tracking suggestions. Update, NOT GOOD

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer hit, tracking suggestions. Update, NOT GOOD

Old 10-17-2007, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer hit, tracking suggestions.

ORIGINAL: Sooner State Hunter

I'm anxious to hear also. Do you think he'll find him, if so, how far from last blood spot? I'll say the deer made a circle and he'll find him within 150 yards. Dang I must be bored
I think he SHOULD find him. I really dont think that deer is still alive. Since i dont know exactly how good the shot was i cant say for sure. From what he tells us i think the deer should be fairly close to the last blood spot....who knows
Old 10-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

You know Mike I have seen deer shot in the guts and leg live for more than a week on our farm.[&:]
Old 10-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, like i said it just to hard for us, or anyone for that matter to predict what happened to the deer. Especially just going on word of mouth...
Old 10-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope he finds it... Team 5 could use some more inches!!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry about the no replies guys. I was out most of the day yesterday going on about 3.5 hours of sleep and crashed last night.. No luck. Everyone is baffled. I took off work to go out againtoday. Buddy is meeting up with me to see if we can't find him. It will be 2 days come tonight since I shot him. About time to start looking at the sky to see if Vultures are on him. This has been the most frustrating tracking job I have ever been on. I am 99% sure this deer is dead. I don't know how he would live with an arrow buried its full length inside of him. I feel terrible knowing I most likely killed this deer and may not find him. I will fill you guys in on the outcome. Thanks for the support, adviceand words of encouragement. I appreciate it.

Shane
Old 10-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep at it. If he is dead im sure you will find him eventually! Good luck bud
Old 10-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lost cause.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well if not the buzzerds then the stinch, just hope you find him.

BH818
Old 10-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

We went through everything again yesterday. We combed every thicket. went back over the blood trail. We found nothing. Circled back, went everywhere this deer might have gone to no avail. I guess at this point I hope someone found him and took him. This has been a long 3 days. Obviously could have been a better shot angle and that is my fault, big learning experience on this deer. Going to take a break for the remainder of the week and go out next week again. I feel terrible about this, this buck deserved more than to crawl into some thicket god knows where and die, or lay there wounded(even though I don't think that is the case at all based on the sign). Thanks again for all the support and advice. I followed all of it and tried evrything guys, guess it wasn't meant to be.[&o]

Shane
Old 10-18-2007, 10:46 AM

Sorry to hear you couldn't find him. Its a shame but sounds like you gave it your all.

Quick Reply: Deer hit, tracking suggestions. Update, NOT GOOD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.