Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

VS-1

Old 10-15-2007, 01:52 PM

Default VS-1

Anyone use VS-1 or have any feedback for it. Just trying to increase my chances in the rut?
Old 10-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: VS-1

I was wondering about that stuff too. Hopefully someone has tried it.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

Well any one........any one ........ Beuller ........ Beuller.........

[/align]
Old 10-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

I just asked my shop guy about it and he said vs-1 gave him some stuff to try. He said that the deer herd in a stick smelled like a barn and that he had some of it out and the deer just walked right by with no outstanding reaction to it. Seems like a lot of money for a long shot. I put out year old stuff yest. morn. and had a nice 5pt UNDER my stand for 10 minutes. Dont get me wrong I'd spend whatever for a shot at a p&y but without guaranteed results I'll stick to tinks or whatever for $40 less.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

You want to increase your chances during the rut? Hunt funnels near doe bedding areas in the morning and funnels near food sources during the afternoon. You'll increase your chances.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

That'll do it!!
Old 10-15-2007, 07:17 PM

I use it and love it. I have killed an 187 that turned on a dime once it hit that scent. came running in with its head on the ground. As for the deer herd in a stick, it is a cover scent. and I think it works great. I did some research on the company "Border Crossing Labs" and it is completely nuts what those boys do in making the product. They actually take the inside of the doe like all the floods and that stuff from the doe. Instead of putting a catherder on them and collecting the urine.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: loogout1

I just asked my shop guy about it and he said vs-1 gave him some stuff to try. He said that the deer herd in a stick smelled like a barn and that he had some of it out and the deer just walked right by with no outstanding reaction to it. Seems like a lot of money for a long shot. I put out year old stuff yest. morn. and had a nice 5pt UNDER my stand for 10 minutes. Dont get me wrong I'd spend whatever for a shot at a p&y but without guaranteed results I'll stick to tinks or whatever for $40 less.
Actually thats what the "herd in a stick" is supposed to do...its not an attractant..its more of a "cover".
Old 10-15-2007, 07:25 PM

haha i typed floods instead of fluids.... guess i was looking at the creek outside of my house when i was typing that.