Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Jay Gregory Splitter Buck >

Jay Gregory Splitter Buck

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Jay Gregory Splitter Buck

Old 10-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Jay Gregory Splitter Buck

he works so hard getting all his equipment and supplies from sponsors and then pimping there products. i really give bowhunters a bad name? wow i mean being an ethical hunter and everything doesnt matter but when you bash some tv hunter your giving bowhunters a bad name. im not jealous at all. i have my opionion and thats it i dont respect people like him now when i see a guy on here get a huge deer that he put all the time in to get while keeping a real job and even if its a spiker i respect that. to this guy he just spent another day at work shooting a huge buck while proably passing on all the other monsters hes grown. these people keep this deer on their property to the point that they can just wait until its big enough for selling the sponsors products and then shoot it. if thats what bowhunters are all about then yeah i give them a bad name. sorry
Old 10-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

None of the TV guys ever show a bad hit on a deer which makes me question other possible realities.

I did see his boy drop two doe with a bow set at 30 pounds. Shows you have to hit them right and not just fast...Fastest bow in the world is no good if you paunch them..

Note. Sponsors are what keeps these shows on the air. Get rid of them and I won't be able to watch any of the crap.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Bradkoz

he works so hard getting all his equipment and supplies from sponsors and then pimping there products. i really give bowhunters a bad name? wow i mean being an ethical hunter and everything doesnt matter but when you bash some tv hunter your giving bowhunters a bad name. im not jealous at all. i have my opionion and thats it i dont respect people like him now when i see a guy on here get a huge deer that he put all the time in to get while keeping a real job and even if its a spiker i respect that. to this guy he just spent another day at work shooting a huge buck while proably passing on all the other monsters hes grown. these people keep this deer on their property to the point that they can just wait until its big enough for selling the sponsors products and then shoot it. if thats what bowhunters are all about then yeah i give them a bad name. sorry
I bow down to your greatness. You are right. It's easy to go to Iowa or for that matter any good outfitter in the Midwest and shoot a 190" trophy buck. I heard those 190's aredropping like flies. It's so easy even you could probably get one---NOT

Is it Jay's fault that he has bought a piece of property, managed it correctly, hunts smart, and knows how to shoot big bucks? And your telling me it's not a jealousy factor built into you comments. By the way I think he does have a "real job". It just happens to be in the hunting industry and on TV. And if you don't think it's very hard to do what he does go give it a try.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

Im guessing he shoots an all black mathews because he does most of his hunting from the inside of a Double Bull Blind and he wants everything black. I have a friend who works for Double Bull and he uses a custom all black mathews like Jays for hunting out of the ground blinds. Thats just my guess though.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: annika3

I bow down to your greatness. You are right. It's easy to go to Iowa or for that matter any good outfitter in the Midwest and shoot a 190" trophy buck. I heard those 190's aredropping like flies. It's so easy even you could probably get one---NOT

Is it Jay's fault that he has bought a piece of property, managed it correctly, hunts smart, and knows how to shoot big bucks? And your telling me it's not a jealousy factor built into you comments. By the way I think he does have a "real job". It just happens to be in the hunting industry and on TV. And if you don't think it's very hard to do what he does go give it a try.

You go girl!!
Old 10-16-2007, 12:28 PM

Congrats to Jay, he seems to kill a stud or two every year. If anyone thinks he has an easy job then try going out of state and hunt for 2 weeks straight all day every day and you'll quickly learn it's not easy. Then imagine doing it year round....
Old 10-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

The all black Mathews is most likely because of his Mossy Oak sponsor. Driven 24-7 is the same way, Mossy Oak and Mathews as a sponsor, and Mathews is only realtree camo on their bows.

What an incredible buck. As far as "money getting him that buck" not sure how that equates, but whatever. If I had the land and good fortune to have a job that is hunting, I would being doing the EXACT same thing. Sour grapes for shooting big deer is ridiculous just because you don't do it yourself.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Typical Buck

This was the first time Jay Gregory had EVER seen this buck in a hunting situation even though the deer was6.5 years old andJay had been after it for the past 2 seasonsprevious tothis year. So itmay be a tad ignorant to say it is easy for these guys to shoot 190 inch bucks.

Obviously people who hunt fora living have an advantage over most when it comes to shooting big bucks. But I don't understand why you would bash someone for pursuing their dream and hunting for a living.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Typical Buck

Nice Buck! I don't care if he's a 'pro' or not, famous or not! Anybody, who takes a buck like that under fair chase conditions has done his homework. If you don't believe me, get out there and try it.

Thanks to Michael for sharing it with us!
Old 10-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Site Buck Guru

Great buck. The guy knows what he's doing. Respect!

Quick Reply: Jay Gregory Splitter Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.