Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

0 for 4 !!!!

Old 10-11-2007, 10:23 AM

Default RE: 0 for 4 !!!!

that can cause you angst for sure. Sometimesin New York, will have a heavy acorn mast, virtually every oak is dropping them. Until they get cleaned up, deer tend to scatter every where. Best to try to hunt them going to and leaving the bed room. I hate doing that myself as I don't want them knowing I'm around. I save that sanctuary for the pre rut and rut. Be patient, they will show up, it's just a transition period............ DFA
Old 10-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

This will make you feel better. I've had as many as my first 8 hunts go by before a single deer sighting early season. This is in a woods that will average 6-8 deer per sit later in the season. This is also a woods in which we PASS 140" deer. Lots of big bucks.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

The weather has been too warm for the deer to move during light hours. A few more days of these cold temps and they will start preparing for rut/winter.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:28 AM

PASS 140's, er you need another Yankee up there? DFA
Old 10-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

Slow year in Tx too. Hunted 5 times and saw two deer. My buddy thats hunting the land with me has seen more and shot at two (missed high). I hope my chance comes up tomorrow. I am heading out tonight to the lease!!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

i didn't see anything last night either. i was so confident! hang in there - last year I want 11 straight trips w/o seeing a deer.