Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

0 for 4 !!!!

Old 10-11-2007, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 0 for 4 !!!!

Last night was my 4th hunt of the season and still no deer sightings yet this year. I've hunted 4 different properties. I've spent at least 15 hours on stand this year and still nothing. No deer, no turkeys. Just one racoon. I'm not even seeing squirrels this year! I've hunted in Montrose, Clio, and Atlanta MI so far.

I felt so optimistic about last night because the conditions were perfect. Cold, overcast, slight intermittent drizzle, light wind, etc.

I don't know what's going on but I'm starting to get frustrated. I just want to see a deer. Any deer. Just one. That's all I ask. It doesn't even have to be in bow range. I just need to see one to keep the hope alive.

I think I'm going to have to shoot the first deer that gives me a shot this year, regardless of age or sex. Shot opportunities are real hard to come by. I knew I should have saved my money for Illinois this year....[:@]

Old 10-11-2007, 05:19 AM
Bartender

Default RE: 0 for 4 !!!!

Patience buddy it will happen.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, it is getting frustrating. The last 4 times I have been out I have seen nothing and from what you have said before I think I have many more deer around me than you do. Things will turn around at some point here soon.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ahhhhhhh it will happen ..chin up BuckO ....

dd
Old 10-11-2007, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

It has been a slow year for me as well. I've been out 10 times so far, have only seen a couple deer, mostly at a distance or the ones I bump. I keep a log of each years hunting, this is the slowest start since I started keeping the log a couple years ago.

Of course we are having some extremely high temperatures, and drought, so that may be the cause. Temperature is dropping today, hopefully that will get the deer moving.

- Rick C.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:41 AM
Bartender

Hello Double D any trips this season?
ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

Ahhhhhhh it will happen ..chin up BuckO ....

dd
Old 10-11-2007, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

This yeah has been very different from years past for me as well. Activity has been much lower so far.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

Slow here as well, Four sits myself and im 1-4. The only deer two deer I saw was one at pitch dark walk underneath me and another white tail bobbin through the brush.

Im a Michigan hunter also. I think the warm weather has alot to do with it, this cold front should kick them up.. GL!!!!

-Sparrow

PS: I was also out last night in the drizzle, stopped right before dark, seemed perfect!! Still no deer[:'(]
Old 10-11-2007, 09:37 AM

Don't know what's going on in your region, but Deer around me have left my clover 3 days ago, and trust me, I have been covered up in deer all summer long. They know bow season opens here on Saturday, actually, they are other food sources that the early fall, late summer offers them. Find the food source and get ready to fill the freezer. What are you hunting over/near now?......... DFA
Old 10-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still have standing corn. I hate standing corn! Never had any luck with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.