Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do You Support the "Every Shot" Threads? >

Do You Support the "Every Shot" Threads?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I am for what Jeff is doing with these threads
59.06%
I am not for what he is doing with these threads
10.74%
I could care less
30.20%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Do You Support the "Every Shot" Threads?

Old 10-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Do You Support the "Every Shot" Threads?

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

I have a couple of questions - If atlasman was the one posting the "every shot" threads and he posted the identical posts that GMMAT posted would everyone have treated him kindness and understanding that was afforded to GMMAT? What if it were mr. longbeard making those posts? Would they still be "learning threads"?
Neither atlasman nor Mr Longbeard would accept the criticism as Jeff does. Jeff is in his 3rd year bowhunting and welcomes criticism, we've all learned that atlasman and Mr. Longbeard are NEVER wrong.
Bingo! They would never expose their "brown spot"
Old 10-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have a couple of questions - If atlasman was the one posting the "every shot" threads and he posted the identical posts that GMMAT posted would everyone have treated him kindness and understanding that was afforded to GMMAT? What if it were mr. longbeard making those posts? Would they still be "learning threads"?
Neither atlasman nor Mr Longbeard would accept the criticism as Jeff does. Jeff is in his 3rd year bowhunting and welcomes criticism, we've all learned that atlasman and Mr. Longbeard are NEVER wrong.
I have seen atlasman take 10 times the criticism GMMAT has ever received and thought he handled it well.atlasman has had many, many more personal shots taken at him (see above) than I have seen anywhere (except maybe the politics forum LMAO) on this site and he was not as wrong as often as many on here wished he was.
I disagree, what I've seen when push comes to shove both result to insults.

I never insinuated that atlasman is often wrong, I know he's very intelligent and I would want him on my side during a heavy debate, when he keeps his head.

History on this site shows me that neither atlas nor Longbeard could pull off what Jeff is doing. Notice when atlas sticks his head in only for a brief second. His personal feelings for Jeff clouds his response. IMO.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hope this doesn't add fuel to the fire..but since you like to always throw the fact that you see a lot of deer out there..I have to add my response,

One....I think there may be some animosity BECAUSE of the amt. of opportunities I get. I can't bring myself to apologize for having a good place to hunt. I see a lot of deer.
I obviously can't speak for anybody but myself. You see a lot of deer granted. But honestly, to me, and only me..I would NEVER be jealous of where, or how, you hunt. I'd rather sit in an area where I stand just as good a chance of seeing nothing, than sitting on the same 70 acres, seeing the same herd of 30 deer, day in and day out.

I'm not saying your doing anything wrong..if that's your hunting style and your happy, I'm happy for you. But to make the assumption that others are jealous of that situation..is... I don't know, brash ? I actually feel like you may be missing out on the "hunting part"...the seeing and shooting/killing is the reward for a well thought out hunt.

I hopeyou got to read this before your mind shifted into defense mode, because it's not meant as a slam.

This year I have roughly 300 acres of private land on 3 different properties and 2300 acres I hunt of public land and a couple other public land tracts as big or more so, that I've never set foot on. I feel like I don't have enough property....maybe it's the not knowing, every deer, that keeps it exciting. Maybe my upbringing of still-hunting the mountains of PA ..got my feet roaming..always wondering whats over that next ridge.

You've shot at more deer this year than I've seen..doesn't make me jealous..different expectations, different backgrounds, different sense of accomplishments..same, love of the sport.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

There you have the proverbial saying that one bad apple spoils it for the whole bunch.

All the naysayers on this forum just stopped Jeff from posting threads that others could very well and have learn from.

One thing that stands out to all you negative critics, What happened to just skipping a thread?

If you don't like it, DONT READ IT.

I agree PreacherTony, great post MOWTOWN
By the time you know you don't like it, it is usually too late to not read it.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think atlas has taken more lumps than maybe anyone on here. I dont think he has anything to hide or cover from.
His style of “debate” sure can get a person fired up. Probably more so than anyone I’ve ever seen.

Bottom line is that in a big place like this, anyone who does something even remotely “off” (for lack of a good word) is going to get hammered. It’s just a matter of whether they get hammered by 1 or 2 people, or 10 or 20.

Jeff went out on a ledge. Maybe not realizing the impact of how it could go if things went wrong. He still went about it and that took stones. Some guys are more comfortable with attention than others and everyone deals with it differently. Unless the powers that be zap all the “every shot” threads it all doesn’t much matter who is on which side. We’ll sit here at work and debate it, and go hunting when the whistle blows. Come back and do it all again.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I disagree, what I've seen when push comes to shove both result to insults.
I agree that longbeard seems to like insulting more than talking perhaps he was a bad example .

But, from what I have seen, usually 3 or 4 guys will start insulting atlas before he starts slinging them and they are usually insulting him because he is doing a beat down on them in a debate. So, yes, I'll agree, he does insult people but he rarely starts it.

Except in this case
His personal feelings for Jeff clouds his response. IMO.
I agree with this.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

I agree. Jeff is a very likable guy, and an HNI celebrity. If one of the average Joes on here posted the same stuff, the responses would have been significantly different.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Badger_Girl93

There you have the proverbial saying that one bad apple spoils it for the whole bunch.

All the naysayers on this forum just stopped Jeff from posting threads that others could very well and have learn from.

One thing that stands out to all you negative critics, What happened to just skipping a thread?

If you don't like it, DONT READ IT.

I agree PreacherTony, great post MOWTOWN
By the time you know you don't like it, it is usually too late to not read it.
But it's not to late to hit the back button and ignore it. I know, I do it and mutter under my breath.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Thirdly....I think there's a contingency that don't want to hear of hunters' mishaps being aired in public. I stated a long time ago that I didn't think this was a good idea for the masses. I was the first to say I would chronicle my shots.....and I thought it would be interesting to see (for many). The "less-than" favorable results, so far, might not be what we want people outside these forums seeing. But....are those people really out there?
It is not only hunters looking at this forum...lots of non and anti hunters reading this too. So if it should not have been for the masses or for non-hunters to read, then it should not have been on this PUBLIC forum. I like the threads, and don't mind the mishaps at all....but if you seriously think it should not be for themasses, then this was the wrongvenue.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

I hope this doesn't add fuel to the fire..but since you like to always throw the fact that you see a lot of deer out there..I have to add my response,

One....I think there may be some animosity BECAUSE of the amt. of opportunities I get. I can't bring myself to apologize for having a good place to hunt. I see a lot of deer.
I obviously can't speak for anybody but myself. You see a lot of deer granted. But honestly, to me, and only me..I would NEVER be jealous of where, or how, you hunt. I'd rather sit in an area where I stand just as good a chance of seeing nothing, than sitting on the same 70 acres, seeing the same herd of 30 deer, day in and day out.

I'm not saying your doing anything wrong..if that's your hunting style and your happy, I'm happy for you. But to make the assumption that others are jealous of that situation..is... I don't know, brash ? I actually feel like you may be missing out on the "hunting part"...the seeing and shooting/killing is the reward for a well thought out hunt.

I hope you got to read this before your mind shifted into defense mode, because it's not meant as a slam.

This year I have roughly 300 acres of private land on 3 different properties and 2300 acres I hunt of public land and a couple other public land tracts as big or more so, that I've never set foot on. I feel like I don't have enough property....maybe it's the not knowing, every deer, that keeps it exciting. Maybe my upbringing of still-hunting the mountains of PA ..got my feet roaming..always wondering whats over that next ridge.

You've shot at more deer this year than I've seen..doesn't make me jealous..different expectations, different backgrounds, different sense of accomplishments..same, love of the sport.
Excellent post!!!!!!!!!!

I'm the same way always wondering whats over the next ridge! I have well over a hundred acres of private land to hunt in Michigan and still go into the THOUSANDS of acres of state land that my property back up to just because of hunting something different and maybe, just maybe seeing different deer and not knowing what could walk in!! I always felt the more woods that surround me the better I like it!. To each his own!

Quick Reply: Do You Support the "Every Shot" Threads?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.