Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spiders!!!

Old 10-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Spiders!!!

ORIGINAL: pigiron

I'd rather have a King Cobra wrapped around my neck than have a unsuspected encounter with a large spider.

We have these damn "banana" spiders(or at least that's what I call them)in the fall here in Jersey. They're as big as golf ball, and sit in the middle of their webs that stretch as far as 10 ft or so in between trees. It's down right horriffic, and you never know you ran into one until the web stretches around your face and the banana spider(wish I new the real name)is grasped around your nostrils.

.............the only reaction is torun like a big sissy, flailing your arms likle your on fire, .......and zig zagging through trees in humiliation from your buddies.

Disgusting to say the least[:'(].....................Did I mention how much I could benchpress?.
Thanks for the nightmares, dude [>:] ..... did I mention that I want my momma?
Old 10-09-2007, 07:08 PM

I don't even like typing the name...bats...
haha, they freak me out too. Igo fishing in the middle of nowhere in canada once a year and on they way back to camp(about 1 mile)in the middle of the night they would almost fly right into us. They must have been attracted by our headlamps or felt threaten'd(spelling?) by us or somethin. It was scary because it was so dark, and they come out of absolutely nowhere.

But yea, if you live in the country and hate spiders don't watch the movie "Arachnaphobia". Take my word for it!
Old 10-09-2007, 07:50 PM

Haha, thats funny stuff. I noticed the exact same thing last night as I was heading back to the truck. Looked like a shiney jewel in the dirt. I went over there and saw this guy. There eyes appear to be green when the light is cast on them. I saw quite a few once I got to looking around.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I HATE spiders man. Ever sinceI found out that 5 spiders crawl across your face per night on average, with out you knowing they freak me out. I just killed a black widow last weekend and couldnt find it afterI stomped it. I was paranoid the rest of the day.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:51 PM

Oh! You wanna freak out?

http://media.star-telegram.com/Multimedia/News/Photos/Bigweb.jpg

http://www.texasento.net/Social_Spider.htm#Photo

These bastids are taking over a whole freakin lake! 3 places like this have been found, each stretching over 200 yds!!! Imagine walking into that at night! AAAAaaaaahhhhhhhHHHHHHHhhhhh
Old 10-10-2007, 12:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

Haha, thats funny stuff. I noticed the exact same thing last night as I was heading back to the truck. Looked like a shiney jewel in the dirt. I went over there and saw this guy. There eyes appear to be green when the light is cast on them. I saw quite a few once I got to looking around.
OMG [&:]
Old 10-10-2007, 02:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

OMG [&:]
Yeah, that what I thought. Just imagine walking through the grass and seeing all those eyes and not knowing if you have one crawling up your legs. I was skeered.[]
Old 10-10-2007, 04:12 AM
Bartender

Sheesh those banana spiders like GregH posted use to freak me out and I still cant stand them.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep it's the same thing with a red light!!! My buddy Steve was the first to notice it last year and told didn't want tell me because I HATE spiders!!!![]Heck my wife kills the ones in the house!!! and Illinois has a million of those dang little buggers!!! Walt
Old 10-10-2007, 04:30 AM
Bartender

This guy would stop me from hunting in my stand or woods.

Quick Reply: Spiders!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.