Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spiders!!!

Old 10-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spiders!!!

ORIGINAL: SCBigBuckHunter

Little Chief,

was that 2 spiders? As if you guys didn't have enough to worry about over there. I always walk with a stick waving in front of me on morning hunts. I may looked stupid but its better then screaming like a little girl and messing up my hunt.
Yep, that photo has two. They'll kill and eat each other. That photo makes them look bigger than they really are, but I've seen them with a leg span of almost 8 inches. They're not poisonous, but the bite is painful because they have a lot of power in their mandibles. They come out at night, and they're fast. They're not as fast as some claim, but they can run faster than you can walk, and they will chase you. They're not the danger over there, though. It's the scorpions and poisonous centipedes you have to worry about.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

ORIGINAL: pigiron

.............the only reaction is torun like a big sissy, flailing your arms likle your on fire, .......and zig zagging through trees in humiliation from your buddies.

they creep you out, but they're harmless.
Harmless?!?!?!? LC, see pigirons description above .... not only is running through the woods in said manner dangerous, as you might tend to do a George of the jungle impersonation, but the humiliation to the freek friends I have that aren't creeped out ........
You guys are hilarious! PT, it's the loss of self control that's harmful, not the spiders.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

ORIGINAL: pigiron

I'd rather have a King Cobra wrapped around my neck than have a unsuspected encounter with a large spider.

We have these damn "banana" spiders(or at least that's what I call them)in the fall here in Jersey. They're as big as golf ball, and sit in the middle of their webs that stretch as far as 10 ft or so in between trees. It's down right horriffic, and you never know you ran into one until the web stretches around your face and the banana spider(wish I new the real name)is grasped around your nostrils.

.............the only reaction is torun like a big sissy, flailing your arms likle your on fire, .......and zig zagging through trees in humiliation from your buddies.

Disgusting to say the least[:'(].....................Did I mention how much I could benchpress?.

Is this the same one you're talking about? They're a variety of Orb-Weaver,Argiope aurantia. Growing up, everyone referred to them as "garden spiders" or "banana spiders". Most of the webs you run into in the woods are a different variety of Orb Weaver. I know they creep you out, but they're harmless. I don't like spiders either, but it would take one enormous spider to keep me out of the woods. Those "Camel Spiders" I saw in Saudi Arabia might do it. Believe me, there ain't nothin' here in the states that'll make you lose sleep like these:

This is one that you never see.....you justwalk intothemin the woods.

They're called Orb Weavers.....although I really don't care what they're called. I just want them to die.....all of them. I don't care how important they are to our environment or eco-system......just die.

Oh, and by the way Littlechief, I don't know what the hell that thing is that the soldiers are holding butit's by far more disgusting and repulsive than any arachnid that I haveever laid eyes on..........Actually, I would feel better if a moderator would delete it permanently. I'm like frikkin freaked out right now.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is one that you never see.....you justwalk intothemin the woods.

They're called Orb Weavers.....although I really don't care what they're called. I just want them to die.....all of them. I don't care how important they are to our environment or eco-system......just die.

Oh, and by the way Littlechief, I don't know what the hell that thing is that the soldiers are holding butit's by far more disgusting and repulsive than any arachnid that I have have laid eyes on..........Actually, I would feel better if a moderator would delete it permanently. I'm like frikkin freaked out right now.
Pigiron,
Thanks for the best laugh I've had in months. My eyes are still watering from laughing so hard.