Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New boot from scent blocker on dream season?? >

New boot from scent blocker on dream season??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New boot from scent blocker on dream season??

Old 10-10-2007, 02:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New boot from scent blocker on dream season??

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt your stink have to go through the carbon for it to "work" ?? There is no way to get an effective seal from one garmet to the next unless they are one piece. Thats why chemical suits are one piece.Thechemical suits we wore in the service weremuch different than any of this scent blocker clothing I have seen.All this scent stuff just seems way out of touch with reality.
Just to add to the whole silver thing. From what I've read, this clothing is not to remove scent, it is designed to prevent bacteria from making newscent/ stink. I work as a critical care nurse, andwe have cloth with embedded silver to put in skin folds. It prevents bacteria and fungus from growing in the folds. For something to be approved for medical use it must go through multiple (documented)studies, and beproven to be effective. I nevergave much thoughtto clotheswith silver embedded, but since we started using this stuff, I just might go out and buy me some.Not trying to stir up anything, just stating my opinion.
P.S. If you feet stink that bad, walk in some cow pies or crush up some apples with your boots before you walk to your stand, problem solved.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:17 AM
Bartender

$149 hmmmm
Old 10-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Typical Buck

wiranger, you make a good point about the silver. It is designed to inhibit bacteria. But, from what I understand, it is at least primarily the bacteria that we (at least we humans) actually smell, not the sweat itself. That is why we don't really stink badly right after we sweat, even if we sweat profusely, provided we have had a recent shower. But, don't shower for a few days, and PHEW! I don't know if it is the bacteria or the actual sweat that the deer smell. My guess is that it's both, so reducng one, and, I am betting the bacteria is the stronger one, should help. I still spray down with Scent Killer, but it's reassuraing that the silver is working.