Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I Miss My Friend........ (long) >

I Miss My Friend........ (long)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I Miss My Friend........ (long)

Old 10-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I Miss My Friend........ (long)

John, your heart is bigger than even you are ........ this gun season, go out and shoot him a buck .......

Tony
Old 10-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jim, great read and tribute about someone who meant the world too you- keep hunting it is what he would have wanted - my dad is suffering with cancer now and i talk to him every night (he is in Fla) I have already shed a few tears in the stand this year - as well
Old 10-09-2007, 02:09 PM

To put any words to this story would be futile. I will merely just say thank you so much for sharing that with us, and I'm truly sorry for your loss. I am 100% sure he is, and was, VERY proud of you. Of that I have no doubt. Without getting all "holier than thou" I will simply say, you have another Father who wants to be even closer to you than he was.

Thanks again.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

John, your heart is bigger than even you are ........ this gun season, go out and shoot him a buck .......

Tony
That's the lines I was thinking too BigJ. For a big man, you are a beautiful man and I can say that from the heart as well. Our prayers are with you for more joy than sorrow and reunitement.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear of losing your fatherinlaw. Mine is my longtime hunting buddy as well and he was forced to go to a crossbow because of physical problems.........I'm glad he did.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Site Buck Guru

Sorry to hear, I know your pain.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

BigJ and all you others that posted about your loss I pray for Gods comfort on you. I loss my dad June 21st 07 so I know the depths of your pain. In fact the PM's I got from friends here at HNI is what really helped me get thru the first month. Thank you guys, you know who you are. You done the right thing comming here BigJ because we love you and consider you our friend. The same goes for you others that posted about your heartaches. Life is lifting up your fellow man. God bless all of you.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Dominant Buck

I was waiting for Chris (MOHO) to post....to say what I wanted to say. Chris....I hope you don't mind...

When Chris's father passed.....he and I talked a bit. Chris told me his dad was his hero......AND he told him that. WOW! What could ANY man wish for more than that.....his son telling him he was his hero!? I'd die happy, tomorrow....if my son would tell me that.

I know you, John.....you're a big man....but your heart is equal in size to your stature. I'm sure you let your "friend" know how you felt, and often. I'm sure he left with a full heart.

I'm sorry for your loss, my friend. Truly.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

John, I'm terribly sorry for your loss. Your memories of him will keep him alive in your heart always.

Cancer is a horrible thing and took my mother from me in 1994, but it will never take away her memory. Keep your Dad in your heart and he'll be with you on every hunt you go on.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I read this post this morning and was at a loss for words. It's very touching and emotional. One of those stories that tugs at your heart strings. I'm sure he will never be forgotten and with you in spirit on every hunt.

Quick Reply: I Miss My Friend........ (long)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.