Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how farcan you shoot a cross bow >

how farcan you shoot a cross bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how farcan you shoot a cross bow

Old 10-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default how farcan you shoot a cross bow

iam shooting at deer this year at 0 to 25 yards. Because i was unable to get my 30 an d40 yard pin set because all the local pro shops only go out to 25. And i can not shoot at my house i live in town and the max i could shoot would be 25 yards and i do not wont my neighboors getingmadat me for shooting in such a confind area

i am thinking about getting a cross bow for next year

can i shoot father with a cross bow. And what is the max distance i can shoot. Keep in mind i will be buying a cross bow. so i will more then likly get one that will let me shoot the farthes andhas the most weight . What brands do you guys recommend

My raesonis i live in indiana and the area i hunt has a soybean field 60yards or so away. and i could easyly feel my tags if i could get out that far from my current stand site. i do plan to putup a few more stands next year if everything works out with the land owner.but the one i have now is in the middle of a low spot that is clear for 15 yards out.and has about 10 trails through it .and i do not wont two stands 40 yards from one another
Old 10-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: how farcan you shoot a cross bow

Not a big fan of crossbows unless you are older or disabled. Thats just my opinion. Hunt where the deer are instead of trying to shoot farther.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:44 PM

Heck, maybe even try the crossbow forum!
Old 10-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have already had two nice deer one at 15 yards buti have seen alot in the field. and realy do not wont to have to move out of the range of my current loc. If everything works out ihope to have atleast three stand next year soi might just hang oen on the field and set it the other direction so i can take advantage of the wind either way
Old 10-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

i am also sorry if i should have put this in crossbow forum but we all know bow hunters know all about
hunting lol
Old 10-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Crossbows are limited exactly like compounds and under many circumstances are even more limited by range. A crossbow is not your answer to extending your range.[&:]
Old 10-08-2007, 03:51 PM

MY FATHER HAS A TENPOINT CROSSBOW HE FEELS CONFIDENT AT 35
40 YRDS MAX. BUTIT GOES BACK TO THE SAME QUESTION
WHAT TYPE OF GAME,HOW IS THE WIND,IS THARE BRUSH YADA YADA YADA IN THE END THE QUESTION COMES BACK TO.

HOW FAR CAN (YOU) SHOOT A CROSSBOW?
Old 10-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

[/align]
[blockquote]It all depends on the weight of the projectile vs. the speed and draw weight of the bow or crossbow. It has been my expeience that a crossbow bleeds energy faster than a verticle compound bow. I would never shoot my crossbow at a deer more than 25yds. out. There are plenty of guys that would. It is just a matter of personal preference. There are also plenty of guys on this forum that will critisize you for wanting to shoot a crossbow. I say "if it is legal in your state, go for it" You might have better luck in the crossbow forum. Those guys know more about crossbows than I could ever hope to. [/blockquote]
Old 10-08-2007, 04:49 PM

ORIGINAL: rookie51

Not a big fan of crossbows unless you are older or disabled. Thats just my opinion. Hunt where the deer are instead of trying to shoot farther.
ditto
Old 10-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

get yerself a gun if you wanna extend your range. Rob is right on...many guys think they are like rifles that shoot arrows..WRONG. heck...alot of compound bows are coming close to/beating their speeds nowadays....

and if you cant practice with a bow past 25 how do you plan to practice with a crossbow past 25?????

ger yerself a gun and head to the gun range if your really hooked on shooting farther...

Quick Reply: how farcan you shoot a cross bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.