Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good or Bad

Old 10-08-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Good or Bad

dont be mad but i shot my broadheads today. Late I know but thats not the point of this post. I was shooting muzzy 3 blade 100 grain and G5 strikers and well guess my bow is just out of tune a little. But I shot the fletching of one of my arrows. They are 2 inches right at 20 yards but shot the fletchings off an arrow with a muzzy on it with a arrow with a striker on it. So is this good or bad.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Good or Bad

its good that you're shooting consistently.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KoBear

its good that you're shooting consistently.
LOL!! but it's bad that your bow is not in tune.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

bad to shoot groups with broadhead

youll learn grasshopper....

groups look pretty and its almost HARD NOT to shoot groups....but after you bust a couple 10$ arrows with broadheads nicking them...well...you'll learn

2" off aint bad...can probably move your rest a smidge to the right?? i think..or your spine may be slightly weak or stiff(cant remember what a right hitting BH means...can always adjust the sights a hair to make up for it...but i like to get my bow in tune rather than move my sights...but if need by, the sights are adjustable...
Old 10-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

2" right with Muzzy's is actually pretty good, not perfect but good. With the season upon us, make a slight sight adjustment and your good to go. Unless you know what you doing, don't get into moving your rest ect right now.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:07 PM

Well im getting a new bow next year so im going to move the sight for the rest of this year. Oh and how do i know if my arrow is unshootable now.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNI Jim

Well im getting a new bow next year so im going to move the sight for the rest of this year. Oh and how do i know if my arrow is unshootable now.
Carbons?-Flex test, look for cracks, chips, etc.
Alluminum?-Spin test?

Old 10-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it just cut a part of the fletching off it should be fine. If it tore the whole thing off, then just glue another one on. If it is torn, just cut the flap off and it should still shoot fine. Lastly, if it no longer groups with the rest of the arrow, then chuck it.

It isn't terrible to sight in for broadheads and not have the bow perfectly in tune so long as the arrows are grouping well, which it seems they are. Good luck.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNI Jim

were you just wondering about your fletchings?? Always check your arrows, anyway.