Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm BORED so "critique" me a little!!!! >

I'm BORED so "critique" me a little!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm BORED so "critique" me a little!!!!

Old 10-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'm BORED so "critique" me a little!!!!

Well it's Columbus Day and I am off today. I am sitting here bored out of my mind and decided to give you guys another "Form" to critique. After posting my thoughts on GMMAT's "Form" thread I decided I would like to hear what he as well as everyone else thinks I can improve on. For starters, I think my release arm looks a little high. Come on guys help me out.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:32 AM

Default RE: I'm BORED so "critique" me a little!!!!

Well I would go hunting is i was bored.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

I like Kingford charcoal. Doesn't look like a good place for the lighter fluid though.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNI Jim

Wish I could... Truck is at the shop getting new tires anda few other things fixed. Besides it's too damn hot. I hunted moning and evening on both sat. and sun.and told myself that I wasn't going again until we got some relief from this 90+ degree weather.

LOL!!! when I said critique me I meant critique my form. Not why i'm not hunting or why my lighter fluid is where it's at or why I use kingsford charcoal lighter but not kinsford charcoal. LOL, you guys are brutal today. I guess I asked for it.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:52 AM

ORIGINAL: wack

I like Kingford charcoal. Doesn't look like a good place for the lighter fluid though.

Lighter Fluid check
Elcectical Box next to lighter fluid check
All next to house check
Hot 90 + days check
Is some1 asking for a new house?
Old 10-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

Your grip on the bow is too tight. That "finger wrap-around" technique is a sure fire way to torque your bow. Loosen your hand so there is no tension in the hand or fingers.
It's hard to tell from the pic, but your sling looks too tight. The sling should be loose around your wrist, not pulled tight.
Your hand position on your release indicates that you are ready to "punch" the trigger to get your shot off. I would go with a more relaxed hand position and pull with your back as opposed to firing the release with a quick jerk of your index finger.

DL looks fine and the rest of your form is pretty good.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:57 AM

ORIGINAL: goherd1111

Wish I could... Truck is at the shop getting new tires anda few other things fixed. Besides it's too damn hot. I hunted moning and evening on both sat. and sun.and told myself that I wasn't going again until we got some relief from this 90+ degree weather.

LOL!!! when I said critique me I meant critique my form. Not why i'm not hunting or why my lighter fluid is where it's at or why I use kingsford charcoal lighter but not kinsford charcoal. LOL, you guys are brutal today. I guess I asked for it.

I made myself that same promise after sweating completely through my lightweights. Form looks good, everything is in line.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wack

Lighter Fluid check
Elcectical Box next to lighter fluid check
All next to house check
Hot 90 + days check
Is some1 asking for a new house?
If you notice the garden hose is close by. So I can put out any fires if need be. Give me a break, I did a little BBQing last evening.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:07 AM

It looks like you're leaning into the string a little......And yes, your release arm is too high. I'm not sure, but your DL may actually be a tad too short....

Relax the fingers on your bow hand. They should curl naturally alongside the grip. I think you also need to lock your bow shoulder down, it looks all tensed up and collapsed...I would also relax the fingers of your release hand as well.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

It looks like you're leaning into the string a little......And yes, your release arm is too high. I'm not sure, but your DL may actually be a tad too short....

Relax the fingers on your bow hand. They should curl naturally alongside the grip. I think you also need to lock your bow shoulder down, it looks all tensed up and collapsed...I would also relax the fingers of your release hand as well.
Exactly what I was thinking. This may be a rare time when someone is shooting a bow that is too short for them. If it is, it's not much and it's better than too long. Of course this could be fixed by turning your front leg out and opening your stance some. You do look like your gripping the bow with the thumb and pointer finger. Relax the hand.

Overall looks good.

Quick Reply: I'm BORED so "critique" me a little!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.