Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 First Ohio Tag Filled, and on Film! >

First Ohio Tag Filled, and on Film!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First Ohio Tag Filled, and on Film!

Old 10-07-2007, 06:19 AM

Default First Ohio Tag Filled, and on Film!

I was able to fill a Ohio Antlerless deer tag on Friday. I have been putting alot of effort into getting a cam set up for filming and in all the excitement of doing the cam thing and in the low light I shot a button buck. Seen deer in the last fifteen minuets of light and in a dark swamp so I just seen no horns and took the shot. Still pleased with it, I just know there is some who will not be, sorry, so please do not post if you are not happy with it. Anyways here is some video and pics. The video is kinda hard to see. Two mistakes made in the excitement. One was I had zoom all the way in and the focus picks up the CB limbs and the B-Head, deer is kinda out of focus. Second mistake was Sony has a great low light setting, works best when turned on! LOL!! I was able to use some soft wear for editing to lighten it up, but still kinda hard to see. The deer before the shot is perfectly in the middle of screen. He in on the far side of water just under the leaves on that tree with its head down getting drink, slightly quartering away with his entire body on the slope of the bank of the waters edge. The most I can see of him in the film is the white of the inside of his leg and chest. Hope that helps some who can't see before the shot. It was about a fifteen to twenty yard shot. I used a 100 grain Tekan II expandable and the pic shows the entrance wound, fully open as it went in! Enjoy the Video and pics, good luck to all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R22oSpZDKl0

Old 10-07-2007, 06:28 AM
Bartender

Default RE: First Ohio Tag Filled, and on Film!

Very cool and Thank You for sharing. What kind of broadhead?
Old 10-07-2007, 06:32 AM

ORIGINAL: FRALEY

What kind of broadhead?
By G5, Tekan II. 100 grain Expandable cam style head. Worked great!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

way to go congrats
Old 10-07-2007, 07:20 AM

Awesome Hotburn! What did you use to mount the camera above the scope? I've searched for mounts but can’t find any. Did you make this yourself or is someone selling these mounts?
Old 10-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the doe Hotburn!!
Old 10-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Very cool Hotburn, congratulations. No you need to learn to ZOOM...lol great setup.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:58 PM

Thanks to all for the replies. It was exciting to get it on film, I like to keep watching it. Your right about the Zoom Rob, lots of mistakes I knew not to make, but when I seen the deer I just lost most of it and reacted to quickly. I should have had the zoom in all the way since it is mounted and can not move, then after the shot I could have zoomed out and then back in. Next time will be better I hope! The mount is made by Excalibur and can be found on most of the popular Hunting store sites, I buy most of my stuff at BHSS in PA. I then made a mount to screw to bottom of camera since I did not want to put the Velcro on the camera. Thanks again to all.