Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 should I put scent blocker on my bow. >

should I put scent blocker on my bow.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

should I put scent blocker on my bow.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:56 AM

Default should I put scent blocker on my bow.

should i spray my scent blocker spray on my bow as well, could that damage my hoyt trykon. does anybody here do that
Old 10-07-2007, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: should I put scent blocker on my bow.

I wipe my bow down with scent killer. I keep the scent killer away from the string, limb bolts, and axles.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

I put odor eaters in my bow case. The carbon cushion incerts by Dr, Schole(sp?) and activated charcoal for fish tanks and baking soda under the padding in my bow case. absorb odors without moisture. Those silica packs are also good to absorb moisture within the bow case. I do the same thing for all my gun cases too. When hunting in real wet weather I've bought unscented baby diapers to line my case before putting a soaked weapon into a case. Wrap the diapers around the best I can. Get it home, open it up ASAP and hopefully most of the moisture is trapped in the diapers away from your weapon. Having a dry scent free towel for wiping down after a hunt is also handy. I have a few large sized wash cloths that I wash with my hunting cloths and I try to keep a fresh one in my case for after every hunt.
I'd never spray my bow with anything. The grip is the part you handle the most, at best I'd spray my hand and grip the bow. I also use baking soda in my quiver. The pad at the bottom and will spray and wipe my arrows down if I've handled them a lot or exposed them to house hold odors.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Holy cow....

Just spray it!
Old 10-07-2007, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whether they smell you on you're bow really doesn't matter - they will still smell you eh!
Old 10-07-2007, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I keep a sock filled with baking soda in my bow case. I use it to pat down too just before hiking into the woods.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Urban_Redneck

I wipe my bow down with scent killer. I keep the scent killer away from the string, limb bolts, and axles.
Also keep sprays away from the arrow rest and your arrows or you risk making noise when you draw.