Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
They want your deer! What would you do ? >

They want your deer! What would you do ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

They want your deer! What would you do ?

Old 01-15-2003, 10:52 AM

Default RE: They want your deer! What would you do ?

I shot a deer on public land Resthaven in Erie County OH. After tagging and gutting it I moved it to some thick brush and went back to woodlot to get my stand and cart to haul it out. I was being watched and soon saw 3 orange good samaritans dragging this deer out to the road. I had already used my video camera with the tag on the deer and took someones advice and shoved a business card in its mouth. I went down the same trail to the road back to my truck and called the law. When the 3 good samaritans got to the road I thanked them for hauling my deer back, told them i had it on video. When they saw dnr truck coming down the road they decided they had done enough for me. They even left their tag. So it does happen just be careful and no I would not have fought them for it.

Old 01-15-2003, 11:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

OHBOW that is classic!!!

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Proud father of a Devil Dog
Old 01-15-2003, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

No deer is worth a life, not even a scumbag's. I've been shot at for reasons supposedly better than a deer arguement. It ain't fun!

"Semper Fi"
Old 01-15-2003, 03:41 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

I couldn't read all the posts, and doubt many will get to mine. But I would let the deer go. I hunt on public land and while I have had good luck and everyone has been decent, I can believe that there are people out there who would strongarm your deer from you. I'd let it go and pray they didn't kill me just for kicks. I'm 6'2" 210lbs. I work out regularly, have a law enforcement and military back ground. it's a deer, not a child. if you come into my home and try to rob me, that's different. Not sure why, but to me it is. Also I think the legal trouble you would face, killing someone over a deer would be tremendous. I'll cross my fingers that this never happens to me.

Old 01-15-2003, 06:34 PM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Ladies and gents its been a long bad day here. Ive got to let some steam go and it might as well be here.
We worked on a 12year old girl today. She was just as cute as she could be if it wasnt for the .22 hole in the side of her head. She was in the wrong place and the wrong time and did nothing to deserve this. Funny thing about a .22 it has the power to go in but most of the time it cant get out so it just bounces around inside making hamburger. This little girl is dead.
Now the venting. Im in such a rage setting here. I have read this post and I now find it so stupid. Im sorry but how can anyone place such a small price on a life! His or yours! I hope each of you live a long and healthy life but to say you would risk it for such a stupid thing as a deer is....... I cant even start to say.
Some of you are grown men with familys and you would risk everything, your wife,kids their future over a deer. Are you thinking about that! Are you thinking at all?
DEAD is DEAD! Do you think your familys would be proud to say "my son died defending his deer" How do you think your kids would feel knowing their father thought more about a deer than them?!
Ok, Lets also think about this. Lead starts flying and you get lucky (so you think) and you pop this or these guys. Well congratulations you just killed some one again over some Fu----g deer. I hope you see his face every time you pick up a gun.
Defend yourself Yes! But not to protect the deer you have shot. Let them have it. Get all the info you can and turn it over to the proper persons.
Ive got to stop and get a grip on things. This is one reason that I hunt to get away from my work. To free myself of faces like that of this young girl.
There are many things in life to give your life for. We have people that are in the first stages of possibly doing that right now for this country, for their familys, and for what they beleave.
Im sorry I just cant see it for this.
Do your self a favor the next time your at a cemetary look at one of those holes. I dont think you will be able to hunt out of one.

Im setting here not wanting to post this reply. On the other hand I is my bullet and I am going to pull the triger and shoot you with it. I am going to aim at your heart and mind. Its not going to kill or damage you as you would another person for a deer, but, I want it to inflict such a wound that you think very carefully about what you are saying and keep you from doing such a foolish thing.
Mod's.
I think this topic should be closed due to lack of good judgment.
Rick

Lifes not about knowing the answers, its about asking the questions.