Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Montec Problem PLEASE HELP >

Montec Problem PLEASE HELP

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Montec Problem PLEASE HELP

Old 10-04-2007, 11:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default Montec Problem PLEASE HELP

I shoot a bowtech guardian pulling 70 pounds and have had problems with blood trails even on well placed shots using the g5 montec. I did use spitfires and the blood trails left by them were incredible but I switched to a fixed blade broadhead ever since we have been over run by hogs. Should spitfires be ok for hogs or should i try a different broadhead?
Old 10-05-2007, 02:18 AM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Montec Problem PLEASE HELP

The Spitfires are a very sturdy mechanical broadhead and will work fine for hogs with your set up. If you don't like the performance of the Montecs I'd suggest going back to what worked best for you. I too used Spitfires and they never let me down...not once. I've since went on to Montecs myself but I have found them to work very good with good blood trails.

That being said I would not hesitate to shoot my Spitfires again if the mood struck me. (I still have a bunch left over)

Good Luck
Old 10-05-2007, 03:26 AM
Host of Hosts

I have been considering going to a fixed blade, but when I read these posts about how the Spitfires always seem to do the job and guys have troubles with other brands of broadheads. I will stick with my Spitfires. Why fix what isn't broken? Thanks for helping me keep my head
Old 10-05-2007, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had some good blood trails with the (Shuttles) I tries them last year if I were to go away from the Rage thats what I would go to.