Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Its getting frustrating! >

Its getting frustrating!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Its getting frustrating!

Old 10-04-2007, 06:15 AM
Bartender

Default RE: Its getting frustrating!

LMAOYou know that texas saying.............ahh nevermind
ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

WHAT?? What kinda hella gay rule is that??
Old 10-04-2007, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah without a Managed Lands Deer pemit does cannot be taken during general season in many Tx counties. That is due to the high pressure in many of these counties. There are so many hunters that shoot anything that moves does need to be protected. So does can only be killed during archery season which ends on Nov 2nd. This can screw things up on some places. My landowner has asked me to kill 3 does. All I have permits for, because the population is getting high. He doesn't want to get the MLD permits because he doesn't want state biologists on his land. He doesn't trust them, or any Gov't agency.

EDIT: This is why buck to doe ratios are so out of whack around where I hunt.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:41 AM

Season isn't open yet in WV, but the highs are in the mid-80s and lows in the 60. I've been checking the ten-day forcast every day and they keep on changing the temp. Days 1-8 the highs are in the 80s then day 9 & 10 the highs are in the 60s. I think the meteoraolgist are hoping for the weather to break also.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

Stop whining dude. I went yesterday in Houston county not to far from you and I saw 6 deer about 6:45pm (I had 2 shot opportunities I passed up on does waiting on a good buck I saw in the area this summer).. all this on national forest land that gets A LOT of pressure in gun season. Yes it’s hot and yes you get a little sweaty... “man up” and hunt if you want to kill a deer.

Nothing meant to be personal. I’m just giving you a hard time. I am so ready for it to cool off as well. I remember 2 seasons ago I was hunting on opening rifle day (1st Saturday in November) with no shirt on it was so hot. The land next to the private land I was on had natural gas drilling rig running, I could hear people talking over a loudspeaker good enough to understand them and I still killed a nice 7 point.
My point is you can’t kill sitting at home on the couch. No matter how bad the situation you can still kill.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Havent pulled one off since opening day when it was 26 deg.
ORIGINAL: FRALEY

Ticks gone up your way peanut?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Typical Buck

I guess everyone in TX has the same feeling about the heat. It just makes it hard to enjoy yourself out there when you are drenched to the bone in swet and getting eaten up by the mosquitos. In Ellis county we have the same rule of doe on during bow season. It really sux.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MasterBlaster

Stop whining dude. I went yesterday in Houston county not to far from you and I saw 6 deer about 6:45pm (I had 2 shot opportunities I passed up on does waiting on a good buck I saw in the area this summer).. all this on national forest land that gets A LOT of pressure in gun season. Yes it’s hot and yes you get a little sweaty... “man up” and hunt if you want to kill a deer.

Nothing meant to be personal. I’m just giving you a hard time. I am so ready for it to cool off as well. I remember 2 seasons ago I was hunting on opening rifle day (1st Saturday in November) with no shirt on it was so hot. The land next to the private land I was on had natural gas drilling rig running, I could hear people talking over a loudspeaker good enough to understand them and I still killed a nice 7 point.
My point is you can’t kill sitting at home on the couch. No matter how bad the situation you can still kill.
I'm not willing to go to my stands when I'm sweating that bad. I don't want to disperse so much scent from my stinkin sweat that I ruin my good spots. from where I park I have to walk 1/2 mile to where I hunt. And that is the closest stand. No. I'll wait for cooler weather for evening hunts. And I'll whine all I want to!LOL!
Old 10-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Yeah without a Managed Lands Deer pemit does cannot be taken during general season in many Tx counties. That is due to the high pressure in many of these counties. There are so many hunters that shoot anything that moves does need to be protected. So does can only be killed during archery season which ends on Nov 2nd. This can screw things up on some places. My landowner has asked me to kill 3 does. All I have permits for, because the population is getting high. He doesn't want to get the MLD permits because he doesn't want state biologists on his land. He doesn't trust them, or any Gov't agency.

EDIT: This is why buck to doe ratios are so out of whack around where I hunt.
It isn't like that around Abilene (Taylor County). You can shoot a doe at anytime during the archery season or the general season.

I do understand what you mean about it being way too hot! I tried going out one evening and had the exact same problem as you did. I was sweeting like crazy and I hadn't even left my truck yet. Makes it pretty much impossible to do any kind of decent hunting! Hopefully the cold front that is suppose to drop the temps down (I think the high is suppose to be mid 70's) will be comming through this weekend and give us a decent opportunity to do some good hunting before all the rifle shooters get out and start making the deer really skitish (at least that's what happens in my area). You can see a major difference in the attitudes of the deer after the first week in November. Best of luck to you...