Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Getting a new bow! >

Getting a new bow!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Getting a new bow!

Old 10-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Spike

Default Getting a new bow!

Well I have been wanting a new one for a while and didn't think it would happen until next year. Well this morning at work a co-worker offered to buy mine and I got a small bonus unexpected from work today, so now I am on the prowl. I shot the Guardian, Xforce, Drenalin, Ross, and Synergy today. They all shot nice, but I kept picking the Guardian back up too shoot. I can't believe how nice that bow is to shoot. I have heard alot of good things about it and they are all true. Can't wait to get it and practice. I go on a little hunting trip October 12th so I can't wait.[/align]
Old 10-03-2007, 08:05 PM

Default RE: Getting a new bow!

make sure to get what feels comfortable, looks nice to you and shoots to how you like......not the most expensive and best of the best is not always the best...sounds like you might have found what you are looking for...... make sure to practice, practice, practice with that bow before you go....good luck
Old 10-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

guys - what buzz didn't say is that this 'unexpected bonus' he got was an award for pulling an unconscious man out of freezing cold water this spring (true story). congrats buzz, you deserve it. i guess i would have asked for more money since you had to go in over your waist, if you know what I mean.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:41 PM

i would say that money is not the reward in saving a mans life...it is the respect that you gain form it...heck i dont mean to burst any bubbles but my mom saved a droined kid when she was 8 months pregnant and she dove down 10 feet and mouth to mouth to save him...she didnt get any money but the respect and love she received was worth it all she says....if you did save a man my hat is off to you..congrats

and rackmaster if you have to ask for more money to save someone....i am sorry i frown apon it.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you had a good day!
Old 10-04-2007, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mus_stang

i would say that money is not the reward in saving a mans life...it is the respect that you gain form it...heck i dont mean to burst any bubbles but my mom saved a droined kid when she was 8 months pregnant and she dove down 10 feet and mouth to mouth to save him...she didnt get any money but the respect and love she received was worth it all she says....if you did save a man my hat is off to you..congrats

and rackmaster if you have to ask for more money to save someone....i am sorry i frown apon it.
uhhhh? I was joking.

do you really think i seriously thought he should get more of a reward because he had to get his tea bags (little princesses) wet?
Old 10-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

"Heroes don't punch a timeclock or cash a paycheck. Heroes dissappear without dissappointment. If you see them, hear them, or notice them....they aren't true heroes."

That's my take on being a hero.