Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 OK my Miserable 1st day!! >

OK my Miserable 1st day!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OK my Miserable 1st day!!

Old 09-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default OK my Miserable 1st day!!

1st let me start by saying I do bait in the off season for pictures and scouting!!
Well at 745am the Anti neighbor decides he is gonna come over to the corner of his land and start talking at me in a loud manner to spook the deer. He then proceded to try to sick his dog on me, now Im PISSED. I did nothing wrong he comes onto my land and I 4get about the deer and Im screaming at him I tell him when I get down I am gonna whoop his A@@. Till I get down with my bad shoulder he backs onto his land.
Well after shouting back and forth I leave and call the G.W. He comes I talk to the 2 of them for awhile and give them my report (not the 1st one on this guy for Harrasment) and then they leave to go to his house, so I go home. As soon as I get home they call me tell me to come back they need to talk to me.
So I go back and they question me about baiting I said yes in the offseaon for pictures but I remove it before 30 days before hunting season, he said r u sure I said yes I can show you where I dumped it all. So we walk back to where the bait use to be and I will admit when I cleaned it up there were some kernals here and there on the ground but also korn all over from the feild 10 yards away.
So he says since your honest and you called us I am not gonna fine you but I have to close the woods to hunting for 30 days. In the meantime the guy who harassed me and broke up my hunt and broke the law got just another warning. I was told I need more evidence than just my word against his.
Sorry but I think I was treated unfair. This guy does this all the time and now he got what he wanted i can not hunt my spot. There is corn all over the woods from the deer and squirrels I told him how do you expect me to pick every kerrnal up? He said well dont put any down. I did clean it up and did nothing wrong but they made me feel like the crimanal. No wander Pennsylvania hunting is losing!! I told him that to! Sorry for the long post but Im still pissed!!
Old 09-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: OK my Miserable 1st day!!

Man that really sucks... I'd be mad too.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

MY friend had an anti put bait out near his stand and the anti call the dec on him. He almost got in alot of trouble until the officer probed the anti and he collapsed and admitted to the setup.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

I think it's time someone bought a small camcorder and started filming his neighbor I mean hunts. Then you would have all the evidence you needed to nail that piece of crap. If ya know what I mean.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey crabclaw thats exactlt what they told me to do. So the camcorder is all charged up! But Hell I cant hunt there for 30 days anyways so he got his way pretty much!
Old 09-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im sorry man...that stinks.....id be mad as hell too
Old 09-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

Well I hope you have another area to hunt the next month, and I really hope you can catch that jerk on film. That would almost be as good as getting a deer. Good luck with both.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

I would of jumped from my stand to him lol and asked him what were you saying?
Old 09-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree, that is bull. If the dog was on your land and he was sicking it on you I don't see any reason why you could't lawfully shoot the dog. Perhaps that would put a damper on the neighbor. I'm not warranting illegal activity, I said no unlawful reason why you couldn't. If it's me against beast, the beast is dead.

I think I'd find reasons to spoil the neighbors good times too, turn about is fair play as long as illegal manners are not taken. I'm not cheerful to those who are 100% in the wrong!

Good luck twildasin.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:15 PM

If you don't have another place to hunt for the next 30 days, just take the camcorder to your stand and film deer/neighbor/dog. Treat it as if you ARE hunting but don't bring your bow. Don't even haveit inyourtruck! Make the jackleg think you're hunting.

Unless the GW closed your woods for all traffic, I don't see why you couldn't do this.

Quick Reply: OK my Miserable 1st day!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.