Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Talk about a jerk. >

Talk about a jerk.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Talk about a jerk.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default Talk about a jerk.

so heres the story.. a buddy of mine shot the biggest buck of his life last night.. made a marginal hit, but lethal by all means. (at least 1 lung) so he started tracking it last night after giving it almost an hour and a half to bed up before he started on its trail.. THE BLOOD WAS UNREAL.. but we tracked it for 200 yards and decided to back out.. smart choice.. so we went back this morning at 7 am.. it was a cold night so we werent worried about meat spoiling..we tracked it AGAIN FOR OVER A MILE.. im not kidding how this deer went that far with the amount of blood we were finding ill never understand.. towards the end of the track job we lost the blood on private property, and found it again on the hunting property.. (guy wouldnt let us on his property to search for blood or deer!!!) he ******ed all of us off his property.... the deer must have back tracked becuase it went back on to the guys land.. HE CAME BACK.. asked wtf we were doing and how many points my buddies buck had (never told him he shot a buck [:@]) so the lies begin.. this time he said.. well that sucks .. you wont find ur deer .. haha that sucks.. laughing at all of us who tracked it for over a mile... not being able to pursue the deer onto his land..we left.. only to find him with bloody hands, walking out of the field the blood went into.....we stopped him on the road and he said he had cut himself !!!!!!!!!! are u kidding me!!!!!!!

we thought about calling the cops.. but theoretically we are trespassing to be on his land.. and we are thinking about calling the game commission but dont knw wat good that will do either !!!!

i just had to vent that there are some REAL JERKs out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Talk about a A$$

Sorry to hear that NW. I would still call the DNR even though it probably won't do much good. I would probably be sneaking in there to see what he had been doing around the blood trail...but that's just me.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

In oregon.....if you shoot a deer and it runs onto private property, the land owner HAS to let you on your property to get/track your deer. If they refuse, you call the cops and they ****** you onto the land owners property and then you get your deer.

Im very sorry for you and your friend......whata JACK ASS
Old 09-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Here in Illinois you must have permission to trail a deer on another property, and if they won't give it there is nothing you can do.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know its wrong, but I dont take chances, I just go and get my deer..
Old 09-30-2007, 03:31 PM

Man that really sucks! There isnt much you can do about it tho i guess. I'm sorry your friend didnt get his buck, but did you think maybe the hit was not lethal and the neighbor put the deer out of it's misery? You did say there was a lot of blood, but ive never heard of a deer running over a mile on just one lung.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check your regs! Iowa is the same for letting you go onto private property. But you cannot have a weapon unless you ask the landowner. But if your unarmed they CANNOT stop you from getting your deer.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

the deer was definately hit in a lethal spot, and the land owner doesnt even hunt archery..that deer was dead in the field.. i ran into him earlier in the track job and he was nice to me.. but i was no where near the deer.. as soon as we enterd the field edge where we knew the deer was.. he came running after us ..screaming at us to get off his property and how he didnt care if we ever found the deer and how archery hunting is completely unethical and rifle hunting is the only way to kill a deer humanly.. hes just an ignorant bastard ..
Old 09-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

I would have called your Division of wildlife department ASAP when this event happend. They most likely would have taken you on his property to retrieve your friends deer. I would still call them this late in the game and see if they could meet you out there to follow the trail. Just to put your mind at ease.... IMO
Old 09-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

I would have called the DNR this might have been what it took to get you deer back. Some time these smart a$$es get rattled by the cops and might of just let you get it. You had nothing to lose at that point other then some time.

Quick Reply: Talk about a jerk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.