Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 no luck on opening day in Ohio >

no luck on opening day in Ohio

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

no luck on opening day in Ohio

Old 09-29-2007, 01:05 PM

Default no luck on opening day in Ohio

Well today was opening day here in Ohio and I am hunting as part of the Gahanna Urban Unit. Had a good start off to the morning got in the tree at about 0500. Waited for light then started calling. Well unknown to my uncle and I the park we were hunting in had NOT been closed to the public so at about 0800 a couple people walked through, well we knew we were screwed from there on so we got out of the trees. Walked the park once and didnt see any deer. Then we went to another site in the urban program. Decided not to go up in the trees so we just walked around the woods quietly. Finally saw 3 does from far away. Started to stalk them, I got within 20 feet but didnt have a shot because they were in tall reeds. They werent shooters anyway only about a year old. Well that was my day, kind of disapointing but oh well. Im going again tomorrow!!
Old 09-29-2007, 01:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: no luck on opening day in Ohio

I had no luck as well. Saw one deer, a year and a half old buck walked right out in front of me. Had no problem passing him though. Should be out again Monday.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: no luck on opening day in Ohio

are they going to close it to the public or do they just not care i have always evejn when i did not hunt watch were i went during hunting season