Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What a let down

Old 09-29-2007, 04:58 AM

Default What a let down

The season start in Illionis on Monday, all year long I have practiced, freezing in the late winter, sweting in the summer.My wife tells me I am nuts but I am pumped for the opening day. One problem, my bow is still in the shop waiting to get my new limbs, that was two weeks ago. Dealer calls Bowtech, they say will fed ex them and I should have them on Tuesday. Call the dealer on Tuesday,I'm told Bowtech just sent them regular mail, should have them on Thursday, calldealer on Thursday, no limbs. Call yesterday
still no limbs. Just great the game is about to start, I ready to get in the game and now all I get to do is sit it out. Talk
about a let down, just had to vent, the wife is sick of me telling her. Hope everyone who gets out has good luck.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:01 AM
Spike

Default RE: What a let down

Thats terrible. I hope you get it ready to go soon. Is the dealer a bowtech dealer? You think he could switch out the limbs on a bow he has in the shop and replace his limbs when the other limbs show up he could put those on his bow.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:03 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah! If that dealer had any common sense he would lend you a bow or swap out the limbs!! Id be even more pissed at him for not having a bow in my hands for opening day!
Old 09-29-2007, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

Your situation is one where a back up bow would come in handy. It's something to consider for the future. I have a Hoyt ViperTec that I hunt with and another Hoyt that is older. As of right now, both of them are ready for the VA season opener next Saturday. In archery, and life, you can never be prepared enough.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rbeckman

The season start in Illionis on Monday, all year long I have practiced, freezing in the late winter, sweting in the summer.My wife tells me I am nuts but I am pumped for the opening day. One problem, my bow is still in the shop waiting to get my new limbs, that was two weeks ago. Dealer calls Bowtech, they say will fed ex them and I should have them on Tuesday. Call the dealer on Tuesday,I'm told Bowtech just sent them regular mail, should have them on Thursday, calldealer on Thursday, no limbs. Call yesterday
still no limbs. Just great the game is about to start, I ready to get in the game and now all I get to do is sit it out. Talk
about a let down, just had to vent, the wife is sick of me telling her. Hope everyone who gets out has good luck.
This is why I will NEVER own a Bowtech, not for the peformance, but for the customer service. And if I were you, I'd find a different bow shop.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

That sucks, still no Bow! Can you say backup??? [:@]
Old 09-29-2007, 09:31 AM

That sucks, if I had a backup, I would lend it to you to use till your bow gets fixed!
Old 09-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

That certainly sucks! Having your bow in the shop and missing the opener..... I'm wondering how long it will actually take to get it up and running???
Old 09-29-2007, 01:13 PM
Host of Hosts

This is why I will NEVER own a Bowtech, not for the peformance, but for the customer service. And if I were you, I'd find a different bow shop.
Sorry to say it, but Bowtech has the best customer service in the bow industry. I'm sure there is another explanation here. Like maybe the dealer didn't do his thing or the sales rep screwed up. I have dealt with the top 3 bow makers and Bowtech has always been the fastest with replacement parts and the easiest to get things from.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:15 PM

Amen. I have a back up for each of my rifles, and a back up for each of my flyrods. There are good used bows on E-Bay for a couple hundred bucks. Have you tried getting the dealer to provide you a loaner until you get your Bowtec back?

Good news is that the rut is still at least a month away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.