Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who else is trying something new this year? >

Who else is trying something new this year?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who else is trying something new this year?

Old 09-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Who else is trying something new this year?

All new camo
Enigma
Enigma 2
Predator
ASAT

Striker Broadheads
Viper Sight
New Arrows maxma Hunters .350

Man I spent a lot of money

Quick who one the Michigan Penn State game?
Old 09-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

Some of the things that are changing in my hunting this year are:

1. Broadheads......Changing from Montec's/Crimson Talons to 2 blade Rage
2.Hanging more double sets for filming purposes.....two guys in a tree is going to be a blast
3. Shooting my bow without my quiver attached to it. Itseems to be a lot more quiet that way!
4. Not shooting does during the rut
5. Field dressing my deer farther away from my stands this year

Old 09-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Site Buck Guru

Nothing new for me. If it ain't broke, I don't fix it.[:-]
Old 09-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

New places. Love a challenge.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:49 PM

What? Bowhunting

Why? Never done it before (and I'm gonna miss this season anyway so I'll have a year to get ready!!)

Where? anywhere I can, probably in Central IL on family property or in NW AL at my folks place... maybe in WI if I can find a place to go...
Old 09-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm going to try hunting out of a pit. I dug a hole in the ground and made a "pit blind" in a place where there is noplace to put a stand. It's kind of a box blind underground. I left the natural cover around it. I dug a shelf where I can sitand the only thing peeking over ground levelare my eyes. All I have to do is draw and stand at the right time. It's situated in an elevated place where I can see the deer coming well ahead of time. Should be interesting to see what happens.

I'm also NOT ....... I repeat NOT overhunting my honey holes.

I've plotted entry/exit routes for every stand in every wind condition for both afternoon and morning hunts and I will stick to it no matter how far out of the way it is.

I'm going to trust my intuition more than logic this year. Seems like it usually pays off for me. Not sure why I fight myself sometimes with what I "feel" rather than what I "should" do.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

Packing less gear and going further in.
-and less talking about it.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Who - I'll be hunting with Rob/PA in PA in late Oct. I hope to hace farmcntry come over for a doe hunt.

What - New: Arrows....a/c/c's. I wanted to learn if they lived up tot the hype. Bow - It's the same Allegiance...but I only hunted with it twice, last year. This will be the first full season with it. Broadheads ....

I'm seeing a lot of guys switching away from Muzzy. I did.
Me, too. I'm going to try the rage 2-blade. I'll report if I'm lucky enough to take a deer with them. Sight - First full season with the Viper Predator Pro. Stabilizer.....first deer season witht the Fuse Axiom. Heck....I just realized I've switched my whole setup from last year.....down to the peep.

When - I've got to learn to hunt my best areas less.

Where - NC & PA

Why - I'm still learning and trying to figure out what I like and what works best.

Im also targeting does....but didn't know where to put that. Strictly a product of the herd dynamic. Not my first choice.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

I made the switch to a bowtech commander and I had to have a new release.As far as hunting stratigies I'm going to try and mix things up a bit more this year and not hunt all the time from the same spots I have in the past.I'm going to hunt some of those spots that you always say to yourself "I need to hunt this spot",but you never do.Ya'll know what I mean? I think I will hunt more from the ground with natural made blinds to blend in some of these spots I spoke about which is about the only way to hunt them which is one reason that I hav'nt hunted them in the past{always out of a treestand}Thats how I am going to change some things this year.maybe that is just what I need to do to put me over the top for a really nice buck with my bow,not that I hav'nt killed many deer with a bow,but I think I can take it to a new level if I make myself do things different than in the past.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll be using a Primos bow sling with my new Vectrix this year. It protects the cams with padded pocketsand covers the cables/stringwith nice quietmaterial. Great for keeping debris out of those areas and helps avoid getting snaggedpulling your bow up.
This is one of the most practical things I've bought for bowhunting in a while. I took the sling off because I carry my bow in my hand, only.

Quick Reply: Who else is trying something new this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.