Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

pendulum sight

Old 09-25-2007, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default pendulum sight

Anybody on this forum have a pendulum sight on their bow? If so, how does it compare to a fixed pin sight. Are they easier to use. I am clueless of the science behind them. Any insight into them would be great.

Thanks
Old 09-25-2007, 08:30 AM

Default RE: pendulum sight

There are alot of pendulum sights out there, I use to own the Keller, if you sight in from 15 feet up at a 20 yard target, you will be on from right under your stand out to 40 yds or more if you choose. With todays high speed bows there really isn't a need for a pendulum sight. Pendulums came out when a FAST bow was shooting 230 to 240 FPS. Todays bows far exceed this. If you are shooting a fairly new bow with speeds in excess of 250FPS, I would recommend staying with your regular sight.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have them on a few bows, they work great fro tree stand hunting, period. No guesswork, worry about bending properly etc, sometimes I just cant bend properly because of a limb in the way or something else. Mine work great out to 25 yards on an older bow and out to 30 on my Guardian. I also have bows with regular sights for target practice and getting me in shape for the season.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:07 AM

im still sceptical
Old 09-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

i had a t/r hunter on my bow for about 3 weeks and hated it went back to my fixed pin
Old 09-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Love to hear guys say that to me in person. I hate them, they suck, they dont work, I'm skeptical, which everyone should be. Thats when I say let ride over to my casa, or, bring your rig over and lets do some shooting. I have 2 stands set up, 20 and 25 feet up on my property. Most cant come close to bulls when I move my targets in and out from 5 to 30 yards, love it,great seeing the look on their faces. All I can say, is Ive had person after person try and prove me wrong, even tournament shooters, most dont, some do. Pendulums do work.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

Don't know about all pendulums, I've been using the Predator IV from the start 7 years ago and it's about the only thing I haven't changed. It works and works well. I hunt a property that has 9 different stands, no two a like. I often use a climber to hunt out of as well. I garantee that this pendulum when set up properly is deadly at any yardage within 35 yards at any shooting height from0-30 feet high. The draw back is it takes some time and a 15 foot high stand to sight in from. Well worth the effort in my book.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

I use the savage pendulum, that I modified slightly for my personal preference.
It works great for me and takes the guess work out of which pin I need to use during that moment of sheer panic
called buck fever
Old 09-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

like 5 years ago i used the keller pendulum sight and ill tell u what if you suck at distances it is a hell of alot easier to use...
Old 09-26-2007, 01:29 AM
Typical Buck

I bought a tru glo pendulum sight this year. I've always been terrible at judging yardage. It will do what it says. You sight it in at 20 yards and it will swing free and adjust the sight for you out to 35 yards with my setup. The thing that sold me was shooting a 3# biologic clover bag at 2 yards under my stand. I could repeatedly drill the deer pictured on the front of it no matter where I placed it. They work!

GH

Quick Reply: pendulum sight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.