HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Annual Be Proud of What You Shoot
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 05:22 PM
iamyourhuckleberry
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Annual Be Proud of What You Shoot

Does this mean I can TRASH the HNI's "Legitimate Hunting Procedures and Methods of Fair Chase" handbook that I've spent the last few months preparing? You guys are alright!

I would like to further add...as hunters, let us be just as proud when a brother/sister has accomplished a successful law abiding kill! He/she deserves a pat on the back-PERIOD! Thisjunk of "An elephant is not high on my list of things to shoot. I'd rather shoot a dang mole or something" is a bunch of BS! Nobody cares what you wish or wish not to hunt! If you elect to pass on opportunities, then fine! But this is absolutely no reasonfor failing to congratulate another man/woman for bringing home the goods! By golly,a man and his friends hunted an elephant with a primitive weapon. The very same thing(or very closely related to) our ancestors did when they chased mammoths across the Bering Strait. One of our boldest, most outspoken, self proclaimed, hunters could only say "The bow hunting bond? That sounds gay!"He gave notone "good job", "that's great", "awesome"...nothing of a congratulating nature! Sad!

Be a kind and gracious hunter-it has its rewards! Enough said